Santa Rosa Sporting Clay Range. BEWARE - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
Snapper

Default Santa Rosa Sporting Clay Range. BEWARE

Went out with a buddy as I do just about every weekend to Santa Rosa Country Range and shot up about 2000 rounds of 5.56 Nato out of my SCAR and AR15. Wife also shot about 500 rnds of 22(She likes to plink). After everything was said and done we decided to start collecting our brass as I am contemplating reloading and would like to have my brass back to see if it makes cents(ALL PUN INTENDED).

After grabbing what was left on the concrete pad(maybe 250-300 rnds) we went off the pad over to our brass pile and starting shoveling our brass into a box only to have the owner(Some old geiser) come out and be a total dick to my buddy and I saying, "That brass is now part of the range and you can't take any of it." I replied back to him saying," I am sorry sir but I just shot over 2000 rnds and the people behind me can confirm that this brass pile is mine and I would like to take it home." He went ballistic and yelled at me for taking the brass off the range right in front of at least 20 people.

I was cordial enough to pour the box of brass out (500+ rounds) and didnt say a word. However, I walked back up to the shack where you pay and read the rules. Right in the rules it states that brass not on the concrete is part of the range. The old F*%($ tried to inform me about his brass collecting business and the running of his range to keep his head above the water and he was greeted with a formal, "With all do respect sir but, F U!" I left of coarse never to return to an establishment that about everytime I go there I am always getting yelled at for 2 second rules or something retarded. That will be the last time I pay that man for anything! I hope your business goes under and you are forced to live in that camper for the rest of your life you low life disrespectful asshole! I simply wanted to snag my brass(Maybe 6$ worth) and take it home for a project. I payed you 40$ for everyone to shoot on your range and you belittle me in public...... Nuf Said.

Mr. Sheldon Wade if you are reading this, I just got my NRA card back and would like to submit my application for ERML. At least I know if I dealw ith people like yourself I will have nothing to worry about. Including picking up my own brass.....
Roundeye is offline   Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default Horror Stories

I have ben hearing bad things about this range(if your talking the one on Quintette Rd.) for a long time now. Several months ago a guy at my club(Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club)stated that they did not allow you to pick up your own brass and we all didn't believe him(unfortunately). I find it extremely shitty that this rule was made and is enforced.

The people walking into where the sign is needs to enquire about this,tell the management what they think about the policy,then walk out. Glad that I belong to the club that I do. ERML is also a great club that needs to be supported. --- SAWMAN
SAWMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
Mingo

The Santa Rosa county range is a joke. I have had nothing but problems there.

You can't get any training done with the ridiculous rules that they have.

Can't draw from a holster, rapid fire, move while shooting or anything that might resemble how you will fire your weapon in real life.

+1 on ERML by far the best in the area.
Yut fisher is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
Cigar Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundeye View Post
Mr. Sheldon Wade if you are reading this, I just got my NRA card back and would like to submit my application for ERML. At least I know if I dealw ith people like yourself I will have nothing to worry about. Including picking up my own brass.....
Best $95 you'll ever spend!
Fairlane63 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #5
Snapper

I hear ya brother! Was just waiting
For my NRA card!
Old 05-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #6
Snapper

Never heard of ERML. Where is it and what are the particulars?
toma is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
Snapper

Escambia/Rosa County Muzzle Loaders Club. Have a great site. Good/knowledgable RSO's and Mr. Wade is their President I believe. He is a contributing member of the PFF. Met him personally. Great guy to deal with.

To become a member(Please anyone Chime in if I am omitting something) all you need to do is:

Get an NRA membership(I highly suggest the lifetime but they do offer yearly)
Fill out a membership application with Mr. Wade
Pay the 95$ annual fee(Which can be waived for additional years if you work some of the weekend tournaments)
Finally once accepted and fees are paid I would go out there(Location off Quintette Rd.) and familiarize yourself with the range and how they operate.
Then..... Shoot till your heart is content for the entire year at no additional cost!
Also pick up your brass:-) and put it in a bucket and drop it off at my house! It would be much appreciated!

Safe Shooting!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #8
Grouper

I had a buddy up there shooting and stopped buy to drop off a gun to him and leave. They wanted me to pay for shooting just to walk down and drop off the gun and then leave. Havn't been back in three years.
saltgrass is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 01:29 AM   #9
Sailfish

It use to be a pretty nice place to shoot several years ago.

If everyone that has problems with that range writes the state it might eventually get dealt with one day.

Last edited by bigbulls; 05-21-2011 at 12:54 AM.
bigbulls is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #10
RMS
Grouper

Mark your brass with a color of your choice with a permanent marker. Tell the rangemaster up front you will retrieve your marked brass under no uncertain terms while you stare him square in the eyes." All my brass is specifically marked and I will be retrieving it"

Last edited by RMS; 05-16-2011 at 01:52 AM.
RMS is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in