PF-9 Holster? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

Old 04-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
Grouper

Default PF-9 Holster?

I'm about to purchase a PF-9 and need some recommendations on holsters. I will be using it for my CCW, so I am looking at a pocket holster/ in the waist band holster. I also need a regular hip holster for general carry while working in the woods.

Thanks in advance!
bamaman08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
White Marlin

This was sent to me from Galco, if that helps for my PF9
I agree that a tuckable holster is a good choice. Tuck your shirt in when needed and the holster still works un-tucked. You have three options.

Sto-N-Go http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.as...3239&GunID=469
ProductID=3239&GunID=469
USA http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.as...1759&GunID=469
UDC http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.as...=301&GunID=469

Bill King
Customer Service Supervisor
Galco Gunleather
800-874-2526
FrankwT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
White Marlin

http://www.remoraholsters.com/

best ever pocket holster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #4
Videographer
Sailfish

Do you HAVE to buy a PF-9.....done deal?....cuz you will need a holster that has room for some ice to put on your hand if you plan to shoot it much.
It WILL Shoot, just isn't much fun to shoot.....Keltec created the lightest gun by sacrificing the pleasure of shooting it.
If its not a done deal you might want to look at some other options. Jury's out on the LC9......Liked it when I got it, but its visiting Ruger right now to tighten up a couple of bugs...so... we'll see what It's like when it gets back. Kahr cw9 would be a good option right now.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #5
Grouper

Wirelessly posted

Thanks Frank. I like the idea price of the sto-n-go, but the tuckable holsters seem like they would be more convenient.

Any other ideas guys?
bamaman08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #6
White Marlin

Bama, the PF9 is a fine little gun, very accurate and easy to carry. I had mine on the range yesterday. As mentioned above it is a carry gun, not a plinker or range gun. I love mine and also have the P3AT in 380. They are carry guns, deep concealment and a pleasure to carry. They are not range guns to go out and fire 100 or more rounds through.

I know there are better guns and guns more pleasant to shoot for fun, mine is to save my life or to give me time to get out of a dangerous place.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
Videographer
Sailfish

For the Price, the pf9 and 3pat are ok guns, reliable and accurate they May be...having shot many of these small guns I know that you can have a small deep concealment gun AND a gun you will like to shoot....in one package.
If you can't afford a gun like the Kahr PM9 - like the one offered on here by another pff'er ....and can't conceal a Kahr cw9 (which is only few more $ than the pf-9)....then my concern was that no matter how nice a carry weapon the pf9 is.... if you don't LIKE to shoot your carry weapon, then you will not shoot it regularly or enough ....as you probably should - to be quick/accurate with it under pressure.
I resently tried the pf-9 again after rejecting it previously....and I wasn't wrong.....It actually STINGS a little when you shoot it ....I have not encountered ANY OTHER GUN that does this. I acutally LIKE the styling and weight but I Shoot my hand guns at least a couple times a month and I just would NOT shoot the pf-9.....sorry....fine weapon other than that....I know lots of people own/like it ...
Old 04-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #8
White Marlin

maybe you should take your skirt off before you to the range from now on! haha... i've got one. it ain't the most awesome baddest-of-'em-all out there but it's a very affordable 9mm and the combo of price and functionality of the gun made it perfect for what i wanted. i've shot it a couple times for targets and getting used to it. probably a couple hundred rds each time. no problem with my hands stinging.

p.s. frank, thanks for the links!
K-Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #9
White Marlin

Yeah it is the trigger slap, you can use the Kel Tec trigger shoe or do what I did and slip a piece of rubber over the trigger, I also installed a hogue or inner tube over the grip....again these are not range guns but comfortable enough to stay in good practice as your concealed carry gun.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #10
Videographer
Sailfish

OK I give up.....no one wants to hear that they bought the wrong gun and that they could have had a much better one for just a little more...but seriously IF YOU HAVE NOT FIRED OTHER BRANDS YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING....
.....don't know why I tried....as always I'm wasting my breath....So go ahead ....buy everything craptec offers they are wonderful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in