M4 Question - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

Old 02-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
Mingo

Default M4 Question

Since there isnt a dedicated thread for posting questions about firearms ill post here. Do any of you have any experiance with the Sabre Defense M4 or and Sabre products? Im thinking about a M4 build and like what I see so far.
KINGMACK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGMACK View Post
Since there isnt a dedicated thread for posting questions about firearms ill post here. Do any of you have any experiance with the Sabre Defense M4 or and Sabre products? Im thinking about a M4 build and like what I see so far.
Sabre will generally be considered one of the best in the market. I dont have any personal experience with their particular brand, but among the "kool-aid drinkers" sabre defense has a very good reputation with quality barrels. If you're custom building a rifle, you cant go wrong with a sabre defense barrel. If you're buying a completed rifle, I would generally say you could get near as much rifle for less cost. The thing about the ar15 rifle that people fail to realize is they are built to certain specifications as to where components from other manufacturers will all work in sync to complete a working rifle. Most of these parts are built to mil-spec standards and one brands wares are not superior to anothers. This of course is negating certain coatings and such, some offering easier cleanability and lubricity, generating less wear and requiring less lubricants to cycle. If you've got the cash moneys, by all means, sabre defense is generally accepted in the top tier of ar rifles.

If you think you may be over-spending, reply as such and I will help give you some options to look into. I'm no expert, but I have done my research and built a "few" ar rifles.
kenny senter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
Sailfish

Send a message via Yahoo to kaferhaus

Good stuff and I'd get whatever you want quickly.... Almost the entire management was recently arrested by BATF and the FBI

http://mssparky.com/tag/guy-savage/
kaferhaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
White Marlin

Just know whatever you buy may not be supported unless another enity buys the tools and dies...It is a great product, have they suspended MFG yet and only selling what is in the supply chain?
FrankwT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #5
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankwT View Post
Just know whatever you buy may not be supported unless another enity buys the tools and dies...It is a great product, have they suspended MFG yet and only selling what is in the supply chain?
that is true but unless something is out of the ordinary, or manufactured out of spec, then any parts from any manufcaturer should work on the ar platform.
kenny senter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny senter View Post
Sabre will generally be considered one of the best in the market. I dont have any personal experience with their particular brand, but among the "kool-aid drinkers" sabre defense has a very good reputation with quality barrels. If you're custom building a rifle, you cant go wrong with a sabre defense barrel. If you're buying a completed rifle, I would generally say you could get near as much rifle for less cost. The thing about the ar15 rifle that people fail to realize is they are built to certain specifications as to where components from other manufacturers will all work in sync to complete a working rifle. Most of these parts are built to mil-spec standards and one brands wares are not superior to anothers. This of course is negating certain coatings and such, some offering easier cleanability and lubricity, generating less wear and requiring less lubricants to cycle. If you've got the cash moneys, by all means, sabre defense is generally accepted in the top tier of ar rifles.

If you think you may be over-spending, reply as such and I will help give you some options to look into. I'm no expert, but I have done my research and built a "few" ar rifles.
Sent you a PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #7
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaferhaus View Post
Good stuff and I'd get whatever you want quickly.... Almost the entire management was recently arrested by BATF and the FBI

Thanks for that info.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:53 AM   #8
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaferhaus View Post

Doesnt Sabre hold the Military contract or am I thinking wrong? If they did I imagine someone else will real soon.
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #9
Grouper

Check these guys out...I just got one and it is some of the best quality out there and their prices are not over-inflated.

http://www.tacticalmachining.com/
punisher338 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #10
Sailfish

Send a message via Yahoo to kaferhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splittine View Post
Doesnt Sabre hold the Military contract or am I thinking wrong? If they did I imagine someone else will real soon.
They hold several, or did. I know that one of them was canceled immediately. I have a friend that works for them (not for long according to him....) He said they've stopped work on all military contracts. But stuff that was already in the process was completed and items that had already passed QC were allowed to be delivered.

He also said production of civilian market products has NOT stopped yet... but so many people are gone that production is very slow. Vendors have either stopped selling to them or are demanding payment before shipping.

He is NOT in upper management or involved in the shipping dept in any way. He also told me that the indictments continue and more and more people are getting "target letters". So it would seem that a fairly good number of folks had their hands in this in some form or another.

Although according to him some of them were just paper pushers that would have no way of knowing what was actually put into what crate etc. they were handed "pick lists" and told to do the customs paperwork etc.

Very disturbing that they (the authorities) knew something was going on for some time and continued to let it happen just so they could make a "bigger bust"

Kind of like the ATF letting all those ARs into Mexico just so they could build a bigger case against those involved on this side of the border.. and the Mexican police have already recovered some of them AFTER they were used to kill both civilians and police...

Makes me wonder what the hell they're thinking up there in those plush offices...

Last edited by kaferhaus; 02-11-2011 at 09:17 AM.
kaferhaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in