how many negligent discharges have you had ? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

Old 03-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default how many negligent discharges have you had ?

anybody ? Bueller Bueller yes 3 of them over my lifetime none in the last 15 years..................
rob883 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
Sailfish

Are you asking about firearm discharges, or negligent discharges (firings) at work?
Buckyt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
Blue Marlin

Send a message via AIM to fisheye48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckyt View Post
Are you asking about firearm discharges, or negligent discharges (firings) at work?
my guess would be firearms...since this is posted in the firearm section
fisheye48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
Sailfish

ILL GO FIRST.

i would not call it a negligent discharge.

but i did point my nomad 22 down range once and pulled the trigger just to
UN-cock it ====== and it went off. (guess that is a unexpected discharge)
but each time i pull the trigger i expect it to go baing, this is why it was pointed down range.

on that gun there is no loaded tell tell or slid hold back .

buy sell trade
http://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com
chevelle427 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
Snapper

I'll share. I was living in Lincoln, Nebraska, and had driven to Omaha to spend the evening with my lady. While I was up there, I came across a guy selling some pistols...a S&W 9mm, and a knockoff PPK. My awesome girlfriend agreed to let me spend part of "our" evening looking at and eventually buying guns. Anyways, later on in the evening as I was driving back to Lincoln, I got the itch to check out my new guns. So I grabbed the S&W, made sure there was no mag in it, racked the slide back 3X to make sure nothing was in the tube, and proceeded to play with it. No worries. Got done with the S&W, and grabbed the PPK. Again, dropped the mag, racked the slide 3 or 4X. I don't know at what point in my gawking admiration of my new pistols I decided to squeeze the trigger...but it happened. I'm doing 85 Westbound on I-80 at 12:20 in the morning and somehow I managed to let off a round from the "SHOULD HAVE BEEN EMPTY" .380. My life flashed before my eyes. Or maybe it was just the muzzle flash. Either way, my shorts were soiled instantly. I went from the far right lane to 3 lanes to the left and back to the right shoulder in the blink of an eye. Fortunately, the gun was pointed down and to the right when I pulled the trigger, and I only managed to put a hole through my floorboard. I learned a few things that night. 1. Don't play with your guns when you drive, no matter how good of an idea it might seem. 2. Until you've VISUALLY INSPECTED the chamber, treat it like it's loaded. And 3...don't ride in the passenger side of my truck if I've got a gun with me.

I'm able to laugh about it now, but it was by far and away the stupidest thing I've ever done with a firearm in my entire life.
ZombieKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

zombiekiller....thats a story ha ha no one could fake made me laugh like crazy anyway i had a buddy when we were hunting shoot a .22 right thorugh his boot between his toes ...... he was so scared when it went off he proceeded to throw the gun,,it somehow managed discharged again and hit him directly in the other foot !!!!!!! tell me the odds off that
yakfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

ccc has a nice little story to post on this one. Come on..
Pinksnappertrapper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #8
Grouper

I have never had a negligent discharge. On the other hand , I bought a revolver as my first gun I owned. I took it to the range for the first time.I shot less than 50 rounds and the extractor rod and worked loose. It is a seven shot. I counted each time. When I went to open the cylinder it would not open. I fumbled around carefully with it. I could not get it to open. As this was my first gun , I handed it to my neighbor ( who I went with ). He asked me if all the rounds were fired. I said yes I fired all 7 shots. He used the table for leverage and got it open to find there was one live round left. I feel horrible to this day about that one. I always think of that when shooting. I intend to never let something like that happen again.
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

Thats how I became a Daddy...negligent discharge
WesleyPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 12:43 AM   #10
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfisher View Post
zombiekiller....thats a story ha ha no one could fake made me laugh like crazy anyway i had a buddy when we were hunting shoot a .22 right thorugh his boot between his toes ...... he was so scared when it went off he proceeded to throw the gun,,it somehow managed discharged again and hit him directly in the other foot !!!!!!! tell me the odds off that
Yeah man, true story. I've got the hole in my floorboard to prove it.
ZombieKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in