firing ranges - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

Old 11-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
Trigger

Default firing ranges

i live off 9 mile near pine forest , would yall recomend styx river of quintette firing range , id like to sight in my pistol a little , but i wouldnt mind learning to shoot skeet , which place would be better for an amateur to do this at ,, thanks

Last edited by surveyjoe4025; 11-25-2011 at 02:51 PM.
surveyjoe4025 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
Sailfish

Quintette is less expensive. I haven't been there since they re-opened under new management. Either should work well for you.
scubapro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
Blue Marlin

Send a message via AIM to fisheye48

Me personally I would go to styx....I've has better experiences at styx....nicer people and better facilities
fisheye48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
Trigger

Styx is more crowded.
Slot Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
Grouper

Styx is a much better shooting facility IMO, but its your call. You can always go to styx and try it out, you don't have to be a member to shoot there, you just get better prices.
Apollo46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
Sailfish

You would have to plan to go to Styx more than 10 times in a year in order to break even with the membership fee and rates...

When I go there -- I just pay the daily fee of $12

Last edited by scubapro; 11-25-2011 at 08:19 PM.
scubapro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
Trigger

thanks everybody , my buddy i went with likes quintette better so we went there , after describing it to my dad he said he thinks hell stick with stix so im going to try it next time . had a great day though hope everyone hada good thanksgiving . my buddy has had a doe on ice all week an im going to grill some bite size pieces of heaven an watch the game tomorrow .. guess till i get better at shooting ill be ok as long as i keep my frying an grilling hand strong .. side note , does anyone have any experience with CLP by safariland gun cleaner ?
surveyjoe4025 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 04:23 AM   #8
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyjoe4025 View Post
thanks everybody , my buddy i went with likes quintette better so we went there , after describing it to my dad he said he thinks hell stick with stix so im going to try it next time . had a great day though hope everyone hada good thanksgiving . my buddy has had a doe on ice all week an im going to grill some bite size pieces of heaven an watch the game tomorrow .. guess till i get better at shooting ill be ok as long as i keep my frying an grilling hand strong .. side note , does anyone have any experience with CLP by safariland gun cleaner ?
I use it as a general lubricant. I've had experience with it since I was first introduced to it in the military. I think it's decent, it's been surpassed by some specialty products like Slip 2000 EGL. In my opinion its the best stuff you can find on your local store shelves. As for it's cleaning and protecting abilities there are better products out there. It's not aggressive enough for cleaning and it's too thick to soak into the pores in parkerization or blueing.
Gravity3694 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #9
Sailfish

Default We Used Breakfree CLP

When I was in the military we used(starting in approx. 1981) Breakfree CLP. It came in a black(generic looking)gallon jug. It was excellent for the AR's and M1A's to keep them running "wet". The FBI had several Uzi's in my armory and their armoror swore by it for those weapons also.

I use it exclusively on my barrels that have been moly coated and with 4 patches on the proper jag,that is all that is required for a cleanup. I absolutely love the stuff. Luckily a couple of gallons came home with me before my final discharge. --- SAWMAN
SAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in