Default Diamondback 380 need input

Are these any good ? They sure look like it
rob883 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default db 380

friend of mine shot his for the first time today. he is very satisfied. maybe he will post his report tonight
CHUMM BUCKET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
Grouper

I've heard more bad than good. Personally I'll stay away from them.
GENTLE WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
Sailfish

My bride loves hers -- feels better in the hand than P3AT/LCP-clone.
scubapro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
White Marlin

They are a nightmare...all you have to do is search the web and see how you can pick one up for $150, if it works, little customer service and wondering if they will stay in business:
http://flaguns.com/showthread.php?11...y-not-truthful!
FrankwT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
Grouper

I just got one. I read good and bad about them on the web before I got mine, but I liked the gun so figured I would give it a try. So far I have put 120 rounds through it. The 100 were Winchester FMJs. Out of those I had 0 failures. No failure to feeds, no failure to fires, and no jams. I even limp wristed the gun as loose as possible without there bing danger of it coming out of my hand and it cycled perfectly. I also tried chambering a round and then putting number 6 back in the clip (I read online this caused issues) and the gun worked fine.

I fired 20 speer gold dots through it and had 2 fail to feeds. Both times the first round fired but the second one didn't get into the chamber correctly and I had to rack the slide (ejecting an unfired bullet and loading a new one). I will not be buying any more speer gold dots for this gun. Next hollow point I am going to try is the Winchester personal protection.

A couple of things about the gun. Mine has the exo coating or whatever they call it so the slide is silver. I wouldn't get it again. It makes the slide slicker to grip and pull back. Also I found out messing with the gun at home before I shot it that you do not want to pussy foot around with the slide. Make sure it comes all the back and let it go without slowing the action down with your hand. The trigger pull is smooth but firm and shade longer than I like. I suppose that is because of it being double action. I'm pretty used to a Glock triger and this gun is firmer and longer in the trigger pull. I actually shot my Glock 19C after shooting this gun for a bit and when I went to take up the slack in the trigger on the Glock it shot before I anticipated it.

I've heard that the Ruger LCP can be jumpy in your hand but this gun is not bad at all in my opinion. 120 rounds didn't bother my hand at all and I think the recoil is very managable. The gun has pretty good sights and I had no problems shooting a decent pattern at 6-7yds. I don't have any special weapons training and shot this from 20 feet or shooting controlled enough to not get reminded of the no rapid fire rule. This is my personal experience with the gun so far. I don't know what happened with the one flyer in the 7 ring.

I'm not sure if the low and left grouping is the gun or my shooting but it is certainly close enough to do what it was made to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Diamondback 380 need input-0303111339-jpg  

Last edited by DreamWeaver21; 03-03-2011 at 04:37 PM.
DreamWeaver21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #7
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENTLE WOLF View Post
I've heard more bad than good. Personally I'll stay away from them.

Tell us more...I've havent heard one bad report??
chasin-tail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #8
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasin-tail View Post
Tell us more...I've havent heard one bad report??
http://flaguns.com/showthread.php?11...y-not-truthful
This is just a quick copy from this thread. If you Google the DB 380 you can read for a while. As far as personal experience, I know two different people who have traded them off because it wouldn't work for them. Apparently they were producing a good product for a while, then when the demand went up the quality went way down.
GENTLE WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #9
Super Moderator
White Marlin

The bottom line is most people that complain about these are paying under 300.00 for a gun they expect to be a constant shooter. You get what you pay for. If you want a gun that will get someone off your ass in a pinch then its great. To be your everyday target gun ,I wouldnt use it for that. This is a good conceal carry weapon that you can just throw in your back pocket of your blue jeans , and it wont lug you rpants down. It is dependable enough to save your life for sure. For the money I think its a better made weapon than the keltec. I watched many of those .380's have problems..including mine. But even with it , If I had a round chambered it would get you away from my ass if you tried something. Go ahead try Diamondback , for the money it's cheap.
MikeG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #10
White Marlin

Done Deal, better than a Kel Tec???LOL Some people prejudices show through too much and easily.

First they are a boat manufacturer, second the 380 is their only gun they have ever manufactured and Thirdly, they hired away an engineer from Kel Tc that maybe had caused one of their problems. Forth they have had many problems, returns and complaints, I don't want to use/trust that gun to save mine or my families life.

Now if you get a good one, or have sent it back to the factory 2-3 times and have it fixed, you might have an OK $150 gun, but reliable? who knows, depends on the particular gun. Have you run 200-300 rounds through it and trained with it to save you life and it worked every time, then by all means trust it..if not you might want to consider a Kel Tec or another well known and established manufacturer that does not rely on boat sales to keep them in business
FrankwT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in