Ccw question - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

Old 02-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
Grand Slam

Default Ccw question

I took the ccw class at PPD last year but never sent in my paperwork. Is there any way to get a new certificate to send in without doing the class again? What are my options? I also took the hunter's safety course a year or so ago. I have been told the certificate is only good for three months. True?
jspooney is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 03:17 AM   #2
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
Blue Marlin

Go here and get your card... Hunters safety class never expires, print your card off this site and use it, it is an accepted form for CC permit...

https://public.myfwc.com/hgm/huntersafety/student.aspx

The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends.....
MULLET HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

I always understood the training course was good for life, it was the fingerprints that were only good for a limited time. not familiar with the course the PPD offered though.

Do as Mullet said and send in a copy of your hunter safety class and you are good to go anyways
Drauka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
Grouper

I did the same as you and just used my Hunter Safety Cert. from the link Mullet posted. Got it with no problem!
archer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
Whizzed off realist
White Marlin

I don't doubt they accept the Hunter Safety course, but it seems our NRA instructor went over alot of topics not included in the HS course.
Burnt Drag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #6
Auburn Grad - 1999
White Marlin

Your hunter safety course is sufficient. Let me repeat that, your HUNTER SAFETY COURSE CERTIFICATE is sufficient. Print a copy of your card off from the link Jeremy posted and your good to go.

People are getting played by some of these instructors making you think a CCW approved course is a must have.
Grassflatsfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 12:43 AM   #7
Grand Slam

Thanks guys
jspooney is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #8
PlinkerOne
Cigar Minnow

I believe that everyone needs updated refresher training and focus on the basics of safely and legally shooting a gun, especially handguns, to be responsible for safely and effectively protecting their life and the lives of loved ones. Ok, it's not brain surgery, but there is much useful life-or-death information available that might save your life. Just because someone has been hunting for 10 years, or been plinking with a gun for 20 years, or shooting squirrels for 25 years, does not necessarily mean that they are proficient and knowledgeable about the laws and new techniques of shooting and Concealed carry in Florida. Shooters with CCW Licenses need to know when to shoot and when not to shoot in FL. What some key court decisions have ruled that significantly affect your use of a gun in self-defense. Many surprises here. What the 6 major FL laws are and how they affect your shooting decisions. How to legally use deadly force in specific scenarios, how to relate to law enforcement, the 36 states that recognize FL's CCW License, reciprocity issues, how to handle the 5-10 malfunctions and jams quickly to save your life, how to use the difference between sight alignment and sight picture to enhance your accuracy, etc.

You usually get what you pay for. Cost vs. Benefits. A 1 hour class at a gun show firing one round into a barrel may not prepare you to properly save your life. I don't want to cut corners. Quality over Quantity. A 7-8 hour in-depth hands-on shooting class with range live-fire by a trained and certified professional may help save your life and give you some very useful information. Oh well, my Uncle will do brain surgeries for only $40 in 10 minutes.
Shoot Straight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
Sailfish

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoot Straight
I believe that everyone needs updated refresher training and focus on the basics of safely and legally shooting a gun, especially handguns, to be responsible for safely and effectively protecting their life and the lives of loved ones. Ok, it's not brain surgery, but there is much useful life-or-death information available that might save your life. Just because someone has been hunting for 10 years, or been plinking with a gun for 20 years, or shooting squirrels for 25 years, does not necessarily mean that they are proficient and knowledgeable about the laws and new techniques of shooting and Concealed carry in Florida. Shooters with CCW Licenses need to know when to shoot and when not to shoot in FL. What some key court decisions have ruled that significantly affect your use of a gun in self-defense. Many surprises here. What the 6 major FL laws are and how they affect your shooting decisions. How to legally use deadly force in specific scenarios, how to relate to law enforcement, the 36 states that recognize FL's CCW License, reciprocity issues, how to handle the 5-10 malfunctions and jams quickly to save your life, how to use the difference between sight alignment and sight picture to enhance your accuracy, etc.

You usually get what you pay for. Cost vs. Benefits. A 1 hour class at a gun show firing one round into a barrel may not prepare you to properly save your life. I don't want to cut corners. Quality over Quantity. A 7-8 hour in-depth hands-on shooting class with range live-fire by a trained and certified professional may help save your life and give you some very useful information. Oh well, my Uncle will do brain surgeries for only $40 in 10 minutes.
I agree 100%

I don't believe that a one or two day class telling you not to look down your barrel or point your gun at something you don't intend to shoot, is sufficient.

If you carry a gun and come into the situation where you need it, you should have training in situational awareness, being able to identify a threat in a panic situation, train for the time when you will be stressed and be able to be sure and confident. Should have to re certify every so often. I went through one of those classes and it bothered me that some of the people in there were allowed to try a gun afterwards.....

Just my opinion.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #10
Trigger

Get this book and it will cover anything a good class does on the law and a lot more. Gutmacher is consider the authority on CCW and lawful use of firearms in Florida.

bama99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in