CCF Again - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

Like Tree2Likes

Old 05-21-2017, 02:29 PM   #1
OCD Reel Service/Repair
Blue Marlin

Default CCF Again

I have all types of hand guns. Most of them are too big for concealed carry. I have really big hands being 6'6" tall if I were standing.

Can you recommend a concealed carry weapon with guts for a big hand?

Thanks,

Keith

"Wheelchair Accessible Fishing"
Ocean Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2017, 02:48 PM   #2
Grouper

Send a message via MSN to speckledcroaker

Wirelessly posted

S&W pc1911 commander
speckledcroaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #3
Trigger

I have big hands too. I recommend a staggered magazine to add some meat to it like a G19 or G23 and if you can get it to stay in your hands G26. Stay away from slim single stack guns like the Shield and G43. I know that contradicts what I'm buying in the other thread but that's because I carry in basketball shorts and swimming trunks and the extra weight pulls them down. In jeans or shorts full capacity pistol, 12-15ish rounds is no issue. It will help these guys help you if you have a caliber you would like unless youre open to any. I have CC the G19 and G26 for many years and both do fine. I have to have extended mag for G26.
Lieutenant ZKO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2017, 03:06 PM   #4
Grouper

I would still recommend a shield. I have decent sized mits and though it feels a little thin it is far more comfortable to carry than a double stack. It does not effect my ability to shoot and I still enjoy range time with it. There are some grip sleeves that can be added that add a little width to the palm region I will be adding one to my shield shortly. I feel the most important part to a cc gun is comfort while holstered as that is where it will be 99.9 % of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TFRIZZ30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2017, 03:13 PM   #5
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFRIZZ30 View Post
I would still recommend a shield. I have decent sized mits and though it feels a little thin it is far more comfortable to carry than a double stack. It does not effect my ability to shoot and I still enjoy range time with it. There are some grip sleeves that can be added that add a little width to the palm region I will be adding one to my shield shortly. I feel the most important part to a cc gun is comfort while holstered as that is where it will be 99.9 % of the time.

Do you know which grip you're getting for the Shield? They are thin for big hands. Was gonna stipple so didn't really think about adding sleeve. Maybe a Hogue or something?
Lieutenant ZKO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2017, 03:22 PM   #6
Sailfish

S&W SD40, 14+1 and it should fit your hands nicely. Not as discrete as the Shield which I will add is a great pistol, but carries well and does not have to be babied.
tbaxl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2017, 04:40 PM   #7
Grouper

Default CCF Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant ZKO View Post
Do you know which grip you're getting for the Shield? They are thin for big hands. Was gonna stipple so didn't really think about adding sleeve. Maybe a Hogue or something?

I can't remember the brand. Little jacks has one on a shield and it felt great, going to have him order me one along with apex duty carry. I bought the shield with night sights and 3 mags, will have 325 in it once my rebate comes in. Tallon also sells grip stickers designed for the gun my brother swears by them. Loves the grip they add.

Last edited by TFRIZZ30; 05-21-2017 at 06:27 PM.
TFRIZZ30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2017, 05:49 PM   #8
OCD Reel Service/Repair
Blue Marlin

I have a couple of S&W "bodyguard specials" in 38+p. When I grab and point the barrel is pointing up from where I would naturally aim the gun if you understand what I mean.

Any of the 45's fit naturally and the aim is right on. I was an avid shooter when the indoor range was open in the 90's. 3 times a week. I haven't been to any indoor range now available. Its a hobby I want to start again.

Then I didnt have to aim, I could point and shoot very well. I dont have a concealed carry but will get one.

I would like to have a Velcro mount under the seat of my wheelchair for grab and go.

"Wheelchair Accessible Fishing"
Ocean Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2017, 06:05 PM   #9
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Any of the new Glocks have the adjustable grips, I carry a 26 now (use to carry a 27). I tried carrying a 19 but it just stuck too far out and was wayyyyy noticeable. You have several spots of concealment in a wheelchair so you could probably get away w/ a 22/23 no problem...

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2017, 06:44 PM   #10
Sailfish

I would say that since you are carrying under your wheelchair you should be able to carry something bigger than most people. I would find something with decent capacity that "points" well to you. I have heard that statistically self defense shootings are only a few rounds but since you have limited mobility I would look for something with at least 12 rounds or so. Glock 19, Smith and Wesson M&P, or M&P compact would be some that I would look at. Lots of options out there these days.

"This boat runs on gas, not thank you's"
murfpcola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in