Anyone shoot a Cooper? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

Old 08-02-2011, 12:04 AM   #1
Trigger
Cigar Minnow

Default Anyone shoot a Cooper?

Wondering if anyone has shot a Cooper Rifle/ owns one? Looking at getting one, and want to know if the hype about accuracy and quality is true/worth it. I have talked to one guy who owns a couple and says it is. Just looking for some opinions. Thanks
NHManontheMountain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
Sailfish

Default Coopers ??

I do not own one or have ever owned one. Little expensive for my blood.

I have been around them some and shot them a bit. My take on it is they all shoot great. Their quality is always super. The Copper people will quite easily talk to you about problems(?),which are usually end user induced. Especially with some of the wildcat chamberings that are kinda weird to load for.

Value for the money ??? I would say.....yes,kinda,maybe. I do believe that there are weapons that cost a little less that will shoot right with a Cooper. Probably not many though. There are weapons that look as good as to fit and finish,as a Cooper,but they cost about the same or more.

All in all I would say......it would be great to say that you own a Cooper. At the range,when a Cooper comes out,there is a gathering of mostly the older guys that actually know what a Cooper really is. I am trying to think of MY application for a Cooper. Callin' varmints...nope,too pretty. 'Dog town in S. Dakota....nope,don't want to shoot out that pretty bbl. Probably for me would be a fun range gun. Something that I could shoot very small groups with that would impress my friends at the club. NO...WAIT....I already got one of those.....It's a $300 Savage 112J chambered in 220Swift.

Do your homework,you gotta handload,don't tell the wife the cost...AND...go out a order a Cooper. ---SAWMAN
SAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
Snapper

I used to have a Cooper Custom Classic 280. I bought it brand new and decided to sell it as soon as I picked it up at my FFL dealer. Way too nice for me. No matter how hard I try I seem to be able to put a value killing scratch on everything. I then waited patiently for a deal on an Excalibur. I finally got one in a 280AI. It came with Redding Dies and 150 brand new Nosler brass. I haven't loaded any ammo up yet so I can't tell you how well it shoots but I am sure it will be great. I do have a .17 hmr classic that I have shot about 50 rounds through. It is a great shooter.
toma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
White Marlin

Send a message via Yahoo to TURTLE

I've never shot one but I sure would love to see what backs up the pricing. I understand they are all hand made to order and that counts for sure and good CS does as well. There is a place in Midway that sells them and I am planning to go look at some soon.

I have some very accurate rifles that I would put up to almost any rifle for accuracy alone. They are beautiful, don't know that I could shoot one if I had one.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2011, 11:43 PM   #5
Grouper

Talk to "Duke" at Gulf Breeze Firearms, he usually has several Coopers in stock,... for that price range though, I would get a "Dakota".
Gump is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2011, 11:56 PM   #6
Grand Slam

I didn't know that Duke was still open. I used to deal with him quite a bit in the 80s when he owned Gulf Breeze pistol parlor. He always gave me a good deal.
welldoya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2011, 11:59 PM   #7
Grouper

I go by there on occasion, their shop does have regular hours for the most part,... but I would recommend calling ahead to make an appointment. Duke is a good guy, and I trust his advice. Good luck
Gump is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 08:46 AM   #8
Snapper

Gulf Breeze Firearms usually have several Coopers listed on GunsAmerica.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

Default Was Cooper an Obama supporter during last election?

I thought I remembered Cooper came out in support of Obama during 2008 election. There was much negative press among gun community about his support. I have since chosen to purchase fine rifles from other vendors. (If I am wrong about his support, please correct me.)
ccather is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #10
Snapper

Old news. Dan Cooper is no longer part of the company. I think I read where Cooper Firearms was bought by Wilson Barrels.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in