Anyone ever try a Witts Machine clamp on muzzle brake - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2017, 08:14 AM   #1
OutdoorsMan4Life
Snapper
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Weiss Lake Alabama
Posts: 491
Default Anyone ever try a Witts Machine clamp on muzzle brake

I recently purchased one for my hard kicking Rem 700 in 3006.
Wow what a difference, it now kicks less than a 243, and it looks awesome. Cost was 107.00 $
It stopped my flinching, and along with floating the barrel it is now a sub MOA rifle at 100 yards with factory fusion ammo in 165 gr
These are 3 shot groups at 100 Y

\
__________________
Mark Collins Guide Service
Weiss Lake Alabama
Crappie, Stripers and Bass
NO FISH NO PAY
www.markcollinsguideservice.com
256-779-3387
21 ft Nautic Star F150 Yamaha

Last edited by Mark Collins; 09-14-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Mark Collins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #2
lees way2
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Avalon Beach
Posts: 1,216
Default

Never tried one but I am going to look into it cause my 710 3006 is a mule. Thanks for the tip.
lees way2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2017, 06:23 PM   #3
Senior Member
White Marlin
 
K-Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Crestucky, Boggy, Pcola
Posts: 3,100
Default

had never heard of these. thanks for sharing. they look cool. do they dig in and scratch or gouge the barrel when you install them? that's a great price to make a tough rifle fun to shoot again.
K-Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-14-2017, 09:24 PM   #4
lees way2
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Avalon Beach
Posts: 1,216
Default

Based on what I have saw and from your post Mark,as soon as I get mine measured I will place my order.If I get -30 off mine Ill be very happy.With there spec sheet I hope I get it on the way Mon. Thanks
lees way2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2017, 07:28 AM   #5
OutdoorsMan4Life
Snapper
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Weiss Lake Alabama
Posts: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Bill View Post
had never heard of these. thanks for sharing. they look cool. do they dig in and scratch or gouge the barrel when you install them? that's a great price to make a tough rifle fun to shoot again.
No it does not mar the barrel, you actually put a thin coat of Perma Bond Lock Tite on the barrel to help hold it and protect the barrel.
It did change my zero by 1 1/2 inches , 1st group shown, made my adjustments and was dead on 2nd group.
Before I added this, this gun would only shoot 1 1/2 inch groups, now it is 1 inch or less at 100 Yards, might just be I don't flinch now. My wifes 7mm08 kicks harder.
I am very impressed with their product, a very big difference in recoil !
They said the screws were 3/32 allen heads, but I have 5 sets none would fit, went to every parts store in the county, and could not find 1 to fit, 2 mm and 2.5mm would not fit either, I had to use a T15 torque head
__________________
Mark Collins Guide Service
Weiss Lake Alabama
Crappie, Stripers and Bass
NO FISH NO PAY
www.markcollinsguideservice.com
256-779-3387
21 ft Nautic Star F150 Yamaha
Mark Collins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2017, 08:04 PM   #6
Senior Member
White Marlin
 
K-Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Crestucky, Boggy, Pcola
Posts: 3,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Collins View Post
No it does not mar the barrel, you actually put a thin coat of Perma Bond Lock Tite on the barrel to help hold it and protect the barrel.
It did change my zero by 1 1/2 inches , 1st group shown, made my adjustments and was dead on 2nd group.
Before I added this, this gun would only shoot 1 1/2 inch groups, now it is 1 inch or less at 100 Yards, might just be I don't flinch now. My wifes 7mm08 kicks harder.
I am very impressed with their product, a very big difference in recoil !
They said the screws were 3/32 allen heads, but I have 5 sets none would fit, went to every parts store in the county, and could not find 1 to fit, 2 mm and 2.5mm would not fit either, I had to use a T15 torque head
good info! thanks again!
K-Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2017, 08:58 PM   #7
Senior Member
Mingo
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Minette, AL
Posts: 186
Default

Glad it worked for you but the last rifle I had with a muzzle brake (Browning A-Bolt II .270) GAVE me a flinch. The felt recoil from the muzzle blast was hard to comprehend. Shooting it without hearing protection was painful, as well as dumb. Shot it once from a box stand without ear plugs and sold it the next Monday.

Only gun I've never regretted selling.
RobertD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2017, 10:21 PM   #8
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
Sailfish
 
CurDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Homeless
Posts: 2,278
Default

Never knew this? They are cheaply priced for what the do and the reviews to back it up. I liked the sound of it, except the clamp-on part, I'd rather have a threaded one. And after checking out their site, they do make them threaded too with the same results. So I'll go that route. Thanks for the info.
CurDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2017, 09:34 PM   #9
Senior Member
Blue Marlin
 
lettheairout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: milton
Posts: 5,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurDog View Post
Never knew this? They are cheaply priced for what the do and the reviews to back it up. I liked the sound of it, except the clamp-on part, I'd rather have a threaded one. And after checking out their site, they do make them threaded too with the same results. So I'll go that route. Thanks for the info.
Are you gonna thread your own barrel.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
lettheairout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.