Academy Sports Gun Sale - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Firearms

Old 06-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
Sailfish

Exclamation Academy Sports Gun Sale

Academy Sports is running a sale on all of their firearms this week. The savings depend upon what the list price is -- but most guns will get $25-$200 off.

I stopped by today to see what they had in the case.

First, they have a stock of Ruger LC9s on hand at $359. You will get an additional $25 off this week.

I also saw a Sig Sauer P238 Nitron with Night Sights, complete with an extended magazine and a factory holster for $359 less an additional $25!!! These pistols typically sell for $599+ from most retailers without the extras! This was too good a deal to pass up -- so one came home with me for $334. They had a couple more in the safe -- but not as many as the LC9s (I saw at least 8 in the safe).

The sale runs through Saturday night -- but you better hurry to get the best selection!

Also, open a credit card with them and you can get an additional $15 off. That means that you could get either the P238 or the LC9 for $319 -- unheard of prices for quality pocket guns!

Regards.

Last edited by scubapro; 06-27-2011 at 04:34 PM.
scubapro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
Grouper

Damn, and I already have two P238's. I was afraid the prices would start dropping on those guns being the market is flooded with them. They didn't by chance have a Copperhead cheap did they?
TheCaptKen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
Sailfish

I didn't see one. These P238s look like a special run for Academy. It is the Nitron finish with black polymer grips. It has only the one 7-rd extended magazine with the plastic grip filler included. The rear sight is a Sig-lite night sight and the front sight is a green fiberoptic night sight. The label on the box indicates the model number is 238-380-ACADEMY with a born on date of 31 May, 2011. Definitely a great deall for the money!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
Grand Slam

Apparently somebody rang you up wrong. They don't have them (the Sig) at that price. Good deal for you though.
welldoya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
Sailfish

How much are they saying it is?? The tag in the case said $359...

Update: Being curious, I called and asked about the P238 price discrepancy. Evidently, the one I bought was marked wrong. However, the current base price is $399. With the sale deduction of either $25 or $50 (making it either $374 or $349) -- that's still a great deal on a P238 with night sights and 7-rd magazine.

The price of the Ruger LC9 was confirmed -- $359 less $25 for a sale price of $334.

Last edited by scubapro; 06-27-2011 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Update
Old 06-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #6
Grand Slam

I stopped by on the way home and they had one Sig left. He looked it up and the price was $449 making it $399 after the $50 off. Still a good deal, just not enough to make me buy one. I didn't like the front sight much. Looked kind of flimsy to me. I had a sight like that once on a .45 and it flew off one day when I shot it.
Did the original come with two mags ? Maybe they were able to drop the price on the special package by dropping one of the mags.
You got a smoking deal though. I would've taken one for the price you got.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:47 PM   #7
Sailfish

No, mine only had one mag. It sounds like they don't have their act together. The Manager of the Day is who rang me up with the low $334 price. Then, another sales guy said $399 minus the discount when I called... And, it seems they told you it was $449 minus the discount for $399 total..... At that price ($449) -- it appears that I did get a good buy. I wonder how many they sold before they got the price straightened out?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:31 AM   #8
Sailfish

Default Got glock ??

Any Glocks on sale ?? For me,Sigs have waaaaaay too many switches,controls,levers,buttons,and doo-dads to have to fiddle with. And.....ANY decocker system is(to me) a pucker factor of 8.5)But then.......have never owned OR trained with one. --- SAWMAN
SAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #9
Grand Slam

All the guns are on sale. It just depends on the price as to how much you get knocked off. Guns that are $400 to $750 get $50 knocked off.
If I remember correctly most Glocks were $529 so they would be $479.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #10
Sailfish

I guess the demand for the Ruger LC9 has begun to level off. I was surprised to see that there were still LC9s available yesterday when I stopped by the gun case. $325 for an LC9 -- they would have sold every one they could get a month ago... Sale ends tonight. Even at the "regular" price of $359 -- Academy is lower than Mike's and Jay's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in