Questions and Polls - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Suggestions & Support > Forum Suggestions

Old 08-19-2008, 11:08 PM   #1
Mingo

Default Questions and Polls

I am not trying to start crap, and I know I will receive heat for this post, but I am going to post it anyway.

This is a fishing forum, I just opened up the front page with the 15 most recent posts, and there was only 3 or 4 that had anything to do with fishing. Maybe Chris can set up a polls and questions section that would not show up on that opening screen, and the folks who would like to take part in the polls can do so.

I know I randomly just read that opening screen and see if there are any posts that I am interested in reading or responding to. I get tired of reading through non fishing/hunting/outdoors related topics.

Like I said before, I am really not trying to start crap, I am just venting.
TkTom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
Mingo

Default RE: Questions and Polls

I am shocked almost 24 hours and no one has jumped my butt yet, or even responded for that matter. I guess I was the only one fustrated by them.:banghead:letsdrink
TkTom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2008, 12:00 AM   #3
Grouper

I concur my friend.
Get'n Wade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 12:42 AM   #4
Grouper

I totally agree. I hate all of the polls and Q&A posts too... I also use the homepage to get an overview of what's happening on the forum. It shouldn't be too hard to create another section and make it not show up on that overview....

Chris Couture is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

Chatter on FM. You are doing a fine job.
II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #6
Blue Marlin

Location: PC Fl., Orange Bch, Eufaula Al., Lake Seminole Ga. , Camden Al.

Quote:
Chris Couture (8/27/2008)I totally agree. I hate all of the polls and Q&A posts too... I also use the homepage to get an overview of what's happening on the forum. It shouldn't be too hard to create another section and make it not show up on that overview....
Man that's my bad.
Garbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2008, 02:43 AM   #7
Grouper

[quote]Garbo (9/1/2008)
Quote:
Chris Couture (8/27/2008)I totally agree. I hate all of the polls and Q&A posts too... I also use the homepage to get an overview of what's happening on the forum. It shouldn't be too hard to create another section and make it not show up on that overview....

Man that's my bad. I think I didn't say this correct and you took it wrong.

Let me refine this since it seems to be causing an issue with your membership. I hate how they show up on the home page overview! Other than that, I don't mind them!

Sorry I didn't word it correctly but my mind was on the homepage and I could see how you could have taken it wrong.

Chris Couture is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2008, 03:03 AM   #8
Sailfish

Send a message via MSN to David Ridenour Send a message via Yahoo to David Ridenour

I like the additional threads and responses on the front page. I really have never understood folks griping about the non fishing topics. It's not like the titles of threads are misleading and tricking you into reading them. If you click on the Forum Home button you can easily pick the particular forum topic that interests you. This isn't directed at anyone particular and it's certainly not the first time to come up.

Ironically, if you read the fishing report threads they usually have the fewest responses. Maybe more would post fishing related stuff if those that read them took time to say nice catch, congratulations or thanks for posting. Or maybe those only interested in fishing related threadsaren't going to the fishing related forums and are missing the reports if they aren't on the front page. Just my .02.
David Ridenour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #9
White Marlin

It DOES say "General Chit-Chat" and/or "Off Topic" ... if you want to solely hear and read about FISHING , then go to THOSE threads ... pretty simple stuff :sleeping
Pourman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2008, 01:07 PM   #10
White Marlin

Send a message via Yahoo to TURTLE

Quote:
Pourman1 (9/2/2008)It DOES say "General Chit-Chat" and/or "Off Topic" ... if you want to solely hear and read about FISHING , then go to THOSE threads ... pretty simple stuff :sleeping
Exactly, Thats why the sub catagories are there right.I go to the general chit chat and off topic areas for exactly that.The home page is set up perfectly, you go where you are intersested.Kinda a no brainer.You would,t go to winn dixie to buy a car why would you open the off topic, or general chit chat areas and exspect nothing but fishing posts? Duhhhh!!!!:doh
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in