New Religion Topic - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Suggestions & Support > Forum Suggestions

Old 04-17-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Default New Religion Topic

A bunch of years ago, I posted a request fer a Religion Section of the forum. Many folks thought it would be a great idea, and I'm sure we have a few members (won't mention so not to throw them under the bus) that could be a moderator. There are many folks requesting prayers fer family and friends. This would be a place fer Jeff to post his video's fer those that "don't have time to go to church" or just like other folks view. Also Thaddeus86, and myself could put the daily scriptures up fer those who need a little extra encouragement! PM's sent to those who might be able to make it happen!!
Jason is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
Grouper

plus one great idea who does not need the LORD in these times.thanks
floorguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

I'm for it!!
Thaddeus86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
Grouper

im for it to.if you dont want to look at it you dont have to.to those that arent religous
chicon monster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
Snapper

I agree, a religion forum could be a place for mutual encouragement.

I can certainly testify that most of my fishing success has been based on prayer, and I can't even get the boat out of the driveway without my children asking for prayer for a successful trip.
“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" - The Messiah
MathGeek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
Grouper

I like the idea! Count me in!
Dragsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #7
Trigger

Im in. HE is always there for me!!
dallis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 AM   #8
Blowhard extrordinair
Sailfish

Just a thought, but I'm on a couple other hunting and fishing forums that have done this. The results aren't always great. They have had politics and then renamed them politics and religion. At some split them. For some reason when they split the religion room kinda withers away into obscurity with just a few people posting on it. I like reading other people testimonies, have a good spirited debate and know when someone has a prayer need or praise. It has been my experience that a dedicated religion room doesn't always do well.

JMHO
johnf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #9
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnf View Post
Just a thought, but I'm on a couple other hunting and fishing forums that have done this. The results aren't always great. They have had politics and then renamed them politics and religion. At some split them. For some reason when they split the religion room kinda withers away into obscurity with just a few people posting on it. I like reading other people testimonies, have a good spirited debate and know when someone has a prayer need or praise. It has been my experience that a dedicated religion room doesn't always do well.

JMHO
I agree. We will probably do it but I'm thinking most of the people that wants this don't have a clue how it's going to go and it probably won't last long, it won't be just Christianity. It will be atheist, Muslim, etc and all their views and a lot of people are not open minded enough to handle all that. But I have been wrong before.
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #10
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splittine View Post
I agree. We will probably do it but I'm thinking most of the people that wants this don't have a clue how it's going to go and it probably won't last long, it won't be just Christianity. It will be atheist, Muslim, etc and all their views and a lot of people are not open minded enough to handle all that. But I have been wrong before.
All religions would be welcomed....It probably should go in the lonely politics section, that way the PFF can say, unlike government, politics and religon are together!!!
Jason is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in