Navarre Pass NOW - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Suggestions & Support > Forum Suggestions

Old 09-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
Ms Ruth 07 Pursuit 265LS
Sailfish

Default Navarre Pass NOW

I suggest we open a forum on the topic of the Navarre Pass. I know its a touchy subject, but well worth the discussion. Maybe enough folks will come to appreciate the importance's of a navigable channel if our community is better informed.
Safe boating is my biggest concerns and when fishing the Timber Hole area, it would be nice to head to port/bay quickly with a channel 15 miles away and not 30!
70 Wellcraft 17' (sold)
80 Starcraft 16' (sold)
bcahn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
White Marlin

There's already been a (long) thread (or 2) on the subject. I think it will happen when pigs fly.
Flounderpounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
Sailfish

One of the biggest problems is its proximity fo Navarre Pier. You would have a constant supply of bay water around the pier. This is a reply that I have heard over and over again.
reelthrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
Mingo

I do think and will always think that a rock jetty in the gulf, both sides of a boat launch would be the ticket!
old sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
2019 Hobie outback
White Marlin

As a kayak angler i say keep the pass closed to keep yall boaters off our holes
bbarton13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #6
Grand Slam

It is not gonna happen in the old pass area, that was once opened. The Air Force has taken over. We camped there several times. By and in a boat, so they really were nice, and since we had no tents, they pretty much left us alone. BUT, They came around every time.

They guy that sells sea shells in Navarre, or did so in 1997 - 2004, on both sides of 98 invested his life savings in the two retail buildings, and the townhouse configuration on the sound.

I listened to his story: They opened the pass, I invested, and before we could get the townhouse place finished, it closed. So I made it one big house.

In all n all, it would help the "Flush" system.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

Send a message via AIM to fisheye48

what are you gonna talk about in this new topic?
fisheye48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
On a boat
Grouper

Escambia will NEVER let it happen. And Destin will lobby against it too. Navarre is doomed to be a sleepy little town til the end.

Who gives a shit about the pier rats complaining about bay water? They put so little money into the economy that honestly it is not worth maintaining that pier. Buying a bag of cigar minnows, a hotdog and $5 for pier fair isn't really helping the economy as much as a fleet of charter boats and high dollar sportfishermans docking in Navarre.

As raised structure made of concrete extended out past the sand bars with a boat ramp on it is an idea. But it happen either. Idiots will drive cars off into the Gulf, the environmentalist will oppose it and it would be expensive to maintain and build.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #9
Freshwater Flounder
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Rover View Post
Buying a bag of cigar minnows, a hotdog and $5 for pier fair isn't really helping the economy as much as a fleet of charter boats and high dollar sportfishermans docking in Navarre.
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but am curious as to exactly how a "fleet of charter boats and high dollar sportfishermans" will help the economy for people who live in & around Navarre?

(other than the increase in property values and property tax along with that, of course)

If you need music on the beach, you're missing the point.

AndyS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #10
On a boat
Grouper

Charter boats buy thousands of tons of bait, terminal tackle and maintenance services. Then there is the thousands of people they take fishing a year that stay in hotels, eat at resturants, buy stuff at local stores and the recommend to their friends to visit creating more business.

Private sportfishermen bring in big money owners who hire local crews and maintenance services. They buy high dollar tackle and gear, stay at high end hotels and spend more on dinners than the average tourist or vacationer. We aren't talking about working stiff guys that saved up to get themselves a nice little sportfish I talking about the guys who currently keep their boats at Palafox, the Warf and Destin Harbor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in