.Local Companies.and Customers Experiences with them. Good or Bad. - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Suggestions & Support > Forum Suggestions

Old 06-15-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default .Local Companies.and Customers Experiences with them. Good or Bad.

How about a topic of experieces withlocal businesses.So forum members can learn who they should or should not do business with. I'd like to do the first post. I have before and after pictures of the damagea local contractor from Pensacola did to my property.

I don't want anyone else to get hurt by people like this. Please consider it!

I've seen it on some of the Car forums that I frequent. It seems to work pretty well.

Most of the time it is usually praise for the businessess.
scm67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: .Local Companies.and Customers Experiences with them. Good or Bad.

One thing ive learned in business is there is always 2 sides to every story.I have seen Homeowners as well as contractors pull some very shady stuff to avoid payments.This is a bad idea considering it will only be one sided.Usually when someone is unhappy the first cause is a communication problem or misunderstanding on the work or money being charged.First rule of thumb is the customer is always right but i have dealt with some very difficult customers.One thing i noticed is some homeowners will come on like they are completely broke and want work done and ask you to cut corners or give them a cheap price but after the work is done they expect you to use top dollar materials and give them a million dollar job on a food stamp budget forgetting where they were in the beginning.I always make my customers understand exactly what im doing and what im using so there is no misunderstandings.People in general like things done cheap but dont realize the materials and labor involved cost money.If a customer ask me to drop my prices ill ask them what part of the job they dont want done.Every thing is a cost.Did a job in navarre a few years back and it was a nightmare.Lesson learned.Original plans were basic trims and stucco on a 10,000 sq foot building.After i get the walls up the owner wanted an extra 4 days of details intriquite trims and arches including keystones.Now this is extra materials and time.Do you think she was happy i told her it was extra?Do you think she gave a shit>NO .Do you think she thought i was a bad business man and would have probably bashed me on some forum somewhere.Proba bly.Again there is always 2 sides to every story.Dont know the full story on your moms house but bashing local businesses is not a good idea.What happens here when someone bashes a local tackle shop>?
Nuff said
-=Desperado=- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2010, 06:34 AM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

Default Macs Outdoor Services LLC

First, this is my home too, second my wife and sister heard the instructions the guys were given. Third! They dstroyed my landscaping in one hour. They got into the work ,had a question for my mother. So my wife asked her. The then ONCE again explained what they were supposed to do. Trim the hedges to access the pool and MANICURE THE REST. Does that look like a manicure job to you?
That is almost $10,000 damge in one hour. The work they were supposed to do would of taken them 8-10 hours.
They got started and realizised it was way more work than they anticipaed. So the just started cuting with chainsaws. These guys advertise as a landscaping service. NO LANSCAPER WOULD DO WHAT HE DID.
I've called them to find out what happened. I was very calm. As soon as I said who I was they HUNG Up. I've left messages but they won't call back.
Whywould a woman tell them to cut it all down? We've lived here for fifteen years and EVERTIME I or someone else has trimmed the pool area. My Mother is always reminding EVERYONE not to trim more than a third down. So as far as there side of the story, Why don't you call and ask them. I don't need it! I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! What they did is criminal, and they are about to find out about Florida's Taking advantage of the elderly laws. That ball is rolling!
Hard to believe after the evidence of the pics alone that I'm considered the one bashing.

By the way, the company is MAC"S OUTDOOR SERVICE"S LLC. in Pensacola.

I'm sure they will say whatever they have to to defend themselves if you ask. Bit I' also sure IT WILL BE ALL LIES!

It just pisses me off that some one would do this to anyone! Much less awa widow of a US NAVY SEAL That served his country in Vietnam. The only reason he could do that job is because my Mother was taking care of the homefront, working to make ends meet and raising 5 children while he served.

Desperado, please don't take offense to this post. I'm not mad at you. I know what you mean about doing business with people. But, these guys talked my mother into letting them come out after she said she couldn't afford it by low balling her. Told ger evertyhing she wanted to hrar to get the jub. My sister heard their instructions. The then reitterated their plans to my wife. Realized the bit off more than they could do for that price. So they cut everything down just to get out of there.
BRUCE AND ERNIE MAC. You Are SCUM! And you got it coming to you. What you did is a FELONY!b
I'm Done for now on this suject! Later guys!
scm67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in