Destin, Pensacola, PC, ALA headers - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Suggestions & Support > Forum Suggestions

Old 10-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Destin, Pensacola, PC, ALA headers

This forum is great! I talk to guys all of the time who use this site to keep in touch with whats up on the water.

That being said, your popularity has gained you members (and posters) from Panama City toLouisiana

I personally am out of Destin, so I am not at "Pensacola" fisherman, although I pay a lot of attention to any and all reports.

My first thought was to have a PC, P-Cola, and Destin page for Inshore/Offshore/blue water reports, but that would be a true pain.

However, could you perhaps put a radio button on posts in the fishing reports sections that we could click that would header our post

APALACHICOLA:...../PANAMA CITY:...../DESTIN:...../Pensacola:...../ALA:...../MS:...../LA:...../N/A:.... ??

It would really help narrow down the reports that are applicable to "my neck of the woods"

I am often guessing where the guy/gal is out of and where his post pertains to. I love this post, and love the information. It is what gets me out on boat and motivated.

It is just a thought, but I know many people I have talked to would love to see that.

Keep doing what you are doing guys! Great stuff!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Default RE: Destin, Pensacola, PC, ALA headers

Great Idea.
Howie1eod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
Blue Marlin

Send a message via AIM to fisheye48

http://www.pensacolahuntingforum.com...m/Group31.aspx
fisheye48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #4
Cigar Minnow

Fisheye,

I wasreferring to "local" places that are often applied to this forum such as Destin, PC, and Mobile.I wasnt referring to fishing posts from the keys or from South Carolina orMiami and such.

The PFF is being heavily used by people in Destin, PC, and AL as we are all so close. PC, Destin, and Pensacola have roughly 4 bays between themthat all fish differently. My suggestion was to have an easily selectableheader to ID your specific area so thateachpostwas more applicable.

It could also apply to items for sale and other posts.

I guess you could start a Destinfishingforum.com and a PanamaCityfishingforum.com, Perdidofishingforum.com, etc etc, but that would take members away from this already productive and established forum that these guys worked hard to build up. So in order for them to keep a large portion of thier base, I was just suggesting a bit of extra organizing of the information to benefit everyone.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
Mingo

Fantastic idea!--Since most people do not put their location on thier ID's it is hard to tell were they are fishing--I for one would love to have an Alabama section or something that would identify what area the post was talking about.
Badfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
Snapper

A good way to address this is for posters to simply place their location in the subject of their post, or put the area in the description.

Would look like this when submitting the post......

or like this......

Either one of those will allow you to see where the report is for without having to click on it.

This would make it easy not only to filter the posts in each area of the forum but also for you to use the search tool to find posts specific to an area. Really it comes down to moderation of posts and making sure users follow a set format for their posts.
DarthYoda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in