Chat room - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Suggestions & Support > Forum Suggestions

Old 11-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #1
Mingo

Send a message via Yahoo to truklodyte
Default Chat room

I know it seems to be an odd question about adding an online chat room for members to use.Its another way to meet and greet new people.Discuss tactics,boat repair information,places to try next andto co-inside with the forums arena.

Its just a thought I wanted to here from others on what they think?
truklodyte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2008, 05:51 PM   #2
Apex
Sailfish

Default RE: Chat room

The old forum used to have a chat room that I would use on occasion. It just seemed that there wasnt many people using it.
God, grant that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast, I then most humbly pray: when in the Lord's great landing net, and peacefully asleep, that in His mercy I may be judged "as good enough to keep."
SouthernAngler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
Grand Slam

Send a message via AIM to Tuna Man Send a message via MSN to Tuna Man Send a message via Yahoo to Tuna Man

Quote:
SouthernAngler (11/16/2008)The old forum used to have a chat room that I would use on occasion. It just seemed that there wasnt many people using it.
Same here... I'd rather make a phone call vs typing.:banghead

Tuna Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #4
Mingo

i have a forum for gaming on the web and we have a chat box at the bottom that ppls can leave messages on in real time ..that way when 2 or more ppl are online at the same time they can chat there ...assuming this forum has the capability that would be an idea instead of a chat room
fishingnoob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 10:23 PM   #5
Grouper

The old forum had (has) a chat room and it never got used much. Plus, none of the information on the chat room is stored so it is not searchable. The goal for this forum is to provide users with a resource of information and posting information on a chat room doesn't benefit anyone except those users who are in the chat room.

Chris Couture is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2008, 07:07 AM   #6
Mingo

Send a message via Yahoo to truklodyte

Like I said it was just a thought.I meant it to be as assits to posting forums.I use my messenger alot when helping members from FloridaPan-handleFishingboating group as well.Thank you allfor the comeback.
truklodyte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #7
Trigger

i think the reason the old one was not used was that you had to go to the chat instead of it being embedded on the home page or on the side of the screen like a chatango would be nice for people to have to discuss non saved information like arguments/ things about the day and general conversations and you can set mods to keep people from posting graphic material.... this will most likely cause the number of arguments on the forum itself to go down

http://chatango.com/

JLMass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #8
Grand Slam

I loved the OLD CHAT ROOM.

Even when the new PFF came about I could ask and see if anyone wanted to chat and we would have 4-5 chating in 3 minutes. Some didn't use it because it because they couldn't keep up others didn't because it wasn't about fishing.

I would think of the PFF as the fishing part and the Chat room just a bunch of us chating about anything. Yes, calling may be the best but most of us don't have 5-10 way calling and here is the kicker. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE ABOUT FISHING.

A lot of networking goes on in the chat room, saves long distances charges (of course I want to hear the voice of the person I will do business with but this is a 1st impression), not to mention the ribbing and all that goes on.

I personally can't get to the old chat room or it doesn't work anymore for my computer. I know this may be my problem but it is also not my computer so that is the way it is.

I wish there was a button at the top that would take us to a chat room. Some things that are said in the chat room are BETTER OFF NOT SAVED and I like that also. I don't look at that as a downturn.

I just thing some folks have a problem when you have 3 groups of folks say 4 to a group talking about different subjects and them trying to keep up with what is going on. The military taught me how to filter out certain folks so it didn't bother me to much but for some I could see the problem.

I voted for a new one.
Deeplines is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2008, 01:49 AM   #9
Grouper

Quote:
JLMass (12/6/2008)i think the reason the old one was not used was that you had to go to the chat instead of it being embedded on the home page or on the side of the screen like a chatango would be nice for people to have to discuss non saved information like arguments/ things about the day and general conversations and you can set mods to keep people from posting graphic material.... this will most likely cause the number of arguments on the forum itself to go down

Your suggestion has been added to the homepage...
Chris Couture is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2008, 01:55 AM   #10
Trigger

Quote:
Chris Couture (12/19/2008)
Quote:
JLMass (12/6/2008)i think the reason the old one was not used was that you had to go to the chat instead of it being embedded on the home page or on the side of the screen like a chatango would be nice for people to have to discuss non saved information like arguments/ things about the day and general conversations and you can set mods to keep people from posting graphic material.... this will most likely cause the number of arguments on the forum itself to go down

Your suggestion has been added to the homepage...

cool hopefully it will work and i hope people figure out how to use it
JLMass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in