need boat operator - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Misc. Forums > Need A Crew? Need A Ride?

Old 04-25-2008, 07:03 AM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default need boat operator

I am an older guy and have a Parker 2310 walkaround with a new 225 E Tec. I have developed some medical problems which make it difficult for me to operate my boat all day, expecially on long runs [yellow gravel, edge, etc.].

I am looking for a guy to go with me and an old buddy and do the driving, help with the cleanup, etc. There is no compensation, but you get a free trip out [no gas, baitetc. ] and I have plenty of tackle . You would be free to fish and share in the bounty. You would need a Captain's license to be legal or if you are an Alabama resident, you may be qualified by age.

We fish for fun and enjoy the water. There is absolutely no stress. I have all the required safety equipment and a ACR 406 MHz PLB unit which is duly registered. If I have a rule, it is that it is sinful not to enjoy being out on the water and free to fish, etc. I have decided that I really don't want to sell my boat, but I do need help.

If you are interested, you can reach me at 251-968-3970. My boat is the Pammie and it is at Romar Marina in Orange Beach.
Attached Thumbnails
need boat operator-img_0207_1_1-jpg  
04031940 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: need boat operator

John, I wish you were here near Pcola, a buddy and I would love to take you guys out but we are in the Air Force over here and have to stay close to home over here, we are always out and about in the big blue picking up paratroopers in the water out there, fun times....

Owner, Gulf Coast Outfitters, LLC

http://www.gcoonline.com/

Like us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/GulfCoastOutfitters

http://twitter.com/GCOonline
Gulf Coast Outfitters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2008, 11:13 AM   #3
Grouper

My name is Steve. I live in Pensacola. I would definately be interested, since it would help us both out.I am financially unable to afford a boat. I have operated boats since I was small, now I'm 28. If you would like to meet and talk about it, let me know. I will include my number at the bottom of the page. I do have one question, why would I need a Captian's License? Thank you for this opportunity.

Steve 221-7338
Adicted2Fishn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
Trigger

Alabama requires boat drivers to take a boaters course. They then put a mark on your dl saying you can drive a boat. If you went to high school in AL and took drivers ed they make you take the test or atleast I had too.
pm80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #5
Trigger

You need to have proof you've passed a boater's certification course. If non-resident boating <30 days in AL then you operate under your home state's laws(i.e. if you need one at home you need it in AL).
onoahi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
White Marlin

I once worked with a John Dixon, operator for Atlas.....is that you? good luck I hope you find someone.

Bill
..........................................semi-RETIRED......
ironman172 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2008, 11:57 PM   #7
Sailfish

Send a message via ICQ to bamasam Send a message via AIM to bamasam Send a message via Yahoo to bamasam

That threw me off also, all you need is a vessel endorsment on your license not a Captains license. I am sure some of the guys on here will be more than happy to go out with you guys,
bamasam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in