Looking for a ride (maybe) - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Misc. Forums > Need A Crew? Need A Ride?

Old 05-29-2015, 01:59 PM   #1
Trigger

Thumbs up Looking for a ride (maybe) (6-7/6-14/6-21/or...)

Trying to figure out what I'd like to do for my 30th birthday (June 6th), and I've come up with making a fishing trip. I've got a few friends who are game for the idea, but I've heard mixed reports about the status of my long-time go-to captain (Al Bednar and the Time Bandit). Trying to see what he's up to, but looking for other options just in case.

As this would almost be a day trip from Atlanta (drive down, spend one night in a hotel, get up and go fishing, drive home), there are some pretty limiting constraints.

Targets:
Date: Sunday, June 7, 14 or 21 (could work for a later Sunday with some fenagling)
Price: </= $100 per person (depending on boat size, trip length/gas, bait/gear, etc).
Party: Just 4 or 5 guys from GA with mixed experience and gear.

As for myself, I'm a light tackle freak who takes a Penn 4500ss, 7' inshore rod, and 12# mono out for kings, snapper, grouper and jacks all day long. I've landed 25#+ kings and big reds on this many times. I might be grabbing a very light jigging rod for another similarly classed reel just for kicks - I'd use braid for that one just because jigging....

A couple of my friends have similar gear setup for snapper and spanish with limited experience with said gear, but might feel more comfortable with heavier gear if it is available depending on the targets.

Hope that's enough info. Please reply or PM me if you're willing to help a guy out.

Last edited by hxchip; 05-29-2015 at 04:03 PM.
hxchip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2015, 12:34 PM   #2
Trigger

If my target price is unreasonable, please let me know. I've fished with a couple of great captains For around that and was just hoping to find something similar for my/outright budgets. Thanks for looking.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:14 PM   #3
Trigger

Err... outright = "our tight"

Thanks autocorrect....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in