Have boat, need experience! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Misc. Forums > Need A Crew? Need A Ride?

Old 11-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
Sailfish

Default Have boat, need experience!

May hit up the bay/sound this evening, sometime this weekend, and plenty in the future with a buddy in my 22ft bay boat. Tonight thinking about dock lights and maybe around the bob sikes bridge if we go this evening. Would love the company of someone who really knows what they're doing and could show us a thing or two. Boat is brand new, two livewells, f150, no electronics yet. Drop me a pm if you'd be interested tonight or sometime in the future. If you're willing to teach I'll cover gas, bait, etc.
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
Wicked Awesome
Sailfish

What exactly do you need help with, or where does your experience lack?

[email protected]

[email protected]

"If you have the opportunity in life to make things better, and you don't, you're wasting your time on Earth." R. Clemente, Sr.

"The only goal you can not accomplish is the one you do not pursue." Unknown
OTTE*DA*WORM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
Trigger

If by no electronics you mean no depth finder I would probably wait till' that was installed, up and running before launching.
SteveFL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
Sailfish

ODW, everything... I fished on and off for 25 years but never well. Tackle and rigging, technique, you name it. I know just enough to be dangerous. I catch fish usually but any time I've gone out with someone who really knows what they're doing I'm always amazed at how little I know. I've read just about every post on here but there's nothing like getting out there and learning, especially in the company of someone who knows what they're doing.

I don't disagree about waiting for a GPS/fishfinder but those humminbirds with side imaging aren't cheap so its going to be another couple weeks. I figure I can find the docks and bridge without one, hopefully catch a few trout or reds.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
Wicked Awesome
Sailfish

I would take you out,but im only free Saturday evenings and Sunday all day. This weekend i will be out in the Pass fishing Saturday Evening with some friends, and I think I might be free Sunday, but not too sure. I know of some descent spots between Navarre and the Pass. Let me know if you need an extra person to tag along. The biggest thing to keep in mind, is if youre unsure of your surroundings, go slow. There are alot of shallow areas you need to watch out for. Just slow go it until you are familiar with everything. Other than that, know how to read your markers, and know your boating rules. Last thing you want to do is piss another boater off because you were being careless. Piss them off because youre catching fish and they arent.

[email protected]

[email protected]

"If you have the opportunity in life to make things better, and you don't, you're wasting your time on Earth." R. Clemente, Sr.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
Sailfish

Thanks, ODW. I'll let you know next time. I hear ya about knowing what you're doing out there. I've got lots of experience, especially in the bay and sound, but all these stories recently have really hit home about how important it is to be careful!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #7
Wicked Awesome
Sailfish

Well, the recent story of the two in a jon boat in the bay, especially when its choppy, is really sad. I personally wouldnt take a 12-14ft jon boat out in the bay even on a nice day. You get one good size boat to cruise past you and you get hit by the wake..... well, you know the story. Bye bye boat. And I hope you got your life jackets. I hate to hear of lives lost due to inexperience, or lack of equipment, or in this case, the wrong equipment. I think that one guy was only like 27 or 28. They were a couple years younger than me. Really makes you stop and think, we are not as imortal as we thought we were when we were 15. O*D*W

[email protected]

[email protected]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in