Ziplock Omelet - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Misc. Forums > Recipes and Stuff

Old 01-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
bbe
Ruby Red Lip

Default Ziplock Omelet

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 18pt; COLOR: black; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">ZIPLOC OMELET<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 18pt; COLOR: black; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt"><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o></o><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black">Ingredients:<SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> Eggs<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 1in"><SPAN style="COLOR: black">Whatever you like in your omelet, such as various cheeses, ham, sautéed onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, salsa, hash browns etc.<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 1in"><SPAN style="COLOR: black">Quart freezer bags<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 1in"><SPAN style="COLOR: black">Permanent marker<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 1in"><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black">(This works great! Good for when all your family is together. The best part is that no one has to wait for their special omelet!)
Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker. The omelets all look alike when done, so mark the bags.
Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.
Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.
Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. I turn the bags over at around 10 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.
Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.
Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake or traditional breakfast fare; everyone gets involved in the process and it is a great conversation piece.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black">bbe<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o>
bbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
Trigger

Default RE: Ziplock Omelet

Thanks for the information, I saw this on a RV show but just caught the end and did not know all the details.
B.L. Laird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
Sailfish

We did this in Boy Scouts when I was little..Give it a shot
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
Snapper

These things are great. We learned about 'em on a boy scout camp out and have done it a couple of times since then. SO EASY (and everybody gets what they want, so they're happy)!
Jamielu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
Your mom's a
Grand Slam

Where was this 2 hours ago when I made my omlette? Could've saved pan washing!
JoeZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
Grand Slam

Send a message via AIM to Tuna Man Send a message via MSN to Tuna Man Send a message via Yahoo to Tuna Man

Quote:
Dylan (1/20/2009)We did this in Boy Scouts when I was little..Give it a shot
When I was in the Scouts, we never heard of such a thing:banghead Ummmm maybe because Ziploc bags weren't invented until 1968.:banghead

Tuna Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
Grand Slam

Send a message via AIM to Tuna Man Send a message via MSN to Tuna Man Send a message via Yahoo to Tuna Man

Quote:
JoeZ (1/20/2009)Where was this 2 hours ago when I made my omlette? Could've saved pan washing!
Come on Joe...I don't believe this is the first time for this on the forum. Right Banana Tom!!

Tuna Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
White Marlin

if it is a campout, take any leftover steaks, shrimp boils, etc. and save them for the next mornings omelet...these things are great the next morning after the bond fire and day before's festivities...oh yeah, add a bloody mary to wash it down:letsdrink
"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the worked are so formidable as the will and moral and courage of free men and women. It is a weapon adversaries in today's world do not have". -Ronald Reagan, USA
Ultralite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #9
Sailfish

oh no you gave away Boo Hoo's recipe......
Old 01-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

This is how we always do it when we take my boys camping....it is so convienient and a breeze to clean up....My boys love it and think it is the coolest thing to do....
Lost Angel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in