Whole packer brisket for football Saturday - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Misc. Forums > Recipes and Stuff

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason
  • 1 Post By boomshakalaka

Old 10-06-2018, 09:10 AM   #1
Grouper

Default Whole packer brisket for football Saturday

Rubbed it (ha) let it sit for 6-7 hours. Put it in the smoker at 225ー until the internal got to 175ー. Pullled it off wrapped it in foil, put it back on until the point was 195ー. Unwrapped it cut the point off, put the flat in a cooler wrapped in foil and towels (that値l rest until around noon). The point got cubed re-rubbed (lucky) sauced and put back in the smoker for burnt ends. Here痴 a pic before I seperated it.
Whole packer brisket for football Saturday-00d2a575-21eb-4987-a062-aad40b596642-jpg
huntnflorida is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2018, 09:26 AM   #2
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Gotta see all the steps.... come on rookie!!!! hahaha Love me some brisket! Got a little upset at the ole lady. She bought a butt fer my daughters bridal shower today and said she was going to put it into the crock pot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to get her to let me egg it but she wasn't having it!!! LUDICROUS!!!!! I watched her shred it this AM and the smell of BOILED meat sucks!!! ohhhhhh well!!!
finfever61 likes this.

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2018, 10:23 AM   #3
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Gotta see all the steps.... come on rookie!!!! hahaha Love me some brisket! Got a little upset at the ole lady. She bought a butt fer my daughters bridal shower today and said she was going to put it into the crock pot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to get her to let me egg it but she wasn't having it!!! LUDICROUS!!!!! I watched her shred it this AM and the smell of BOILED meat sucks!!! ohhhhhh well!!!
I値l update with some pics!! I知 with ya brother, meat in the crock pot sucks!!! What I知 most concerned about is that your old enough to have a daughter getting married!!! Holy cow I知 glad I have three sons!! Good luck!!

Old 10-06-2018, 11:01 AM   #4
Grouper

Burnt ends need just a bit longer
Whole packer brisket for football Saturday-7d6008d3-a036-47ac-812c-fd47140feed8-jpg
Old 10-06-2018, 12:44 PM   #5
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnflorida View Post
I値l update with some pics!! I知 with ya brother, meat in the crock pot sucks!!! What I知 most concerned about is that your old enough to have a daughter getting married!!! Holy cow I知 glad I have three sons!! Good luck!!

She at least waiting till she was stable and 23....hahaha She is actually cheaper then my 2 other sons, I didn't have to buy her all the fishing and hunting stuff like I did my other 2. Buying multiples of everything is expensive. She fishes and hunts but is not NEEDING stuff like the other 2 did. hahaha

Love burnt ends!!! Candy baby!

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2018, 01:07 PM   #6
Grouper

Flat is a little dry, but I知 my worst critic...
Whole packer brisket for football Saturday-de9ad6e3-a63a-4f04-bea6-a642a4d78323-jpg

I hear ya Jason! 9 rifles and scopes (3 .22, 3 .243痴 3 large calibers), 9 shotguns (3 .410, 3 20 gauge, 3 12痴), 3 tree stands, more fishing equipment than you can imagine!!! A wedding is probably cheaper!
Old 10-06-2018, 05:08 PM   #7
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnflorida View Post
Flat is a little dry, but I知 my worst critic...
Attachment 1029050

I hear ya Jason! 9 rifles and scopes (3 .22, 3 .243痴 3 large calibers), 9 shotguns (3 .410, 3 20 gauge, 3 12痴), 3 tree stands, more fishing equipment than you can imagine!!! A wedding is probably cheaper!
Looks good. That is my problem with brisket too is if I do the slow long smoke it just turns out a little dry. Like you, I'm probably my own worst critic, but I like my brisket moist. I think the more time it spends wrapped in foil cooking, the moister it turns out, like only until it gets 155 or something on the smoke, then wrap. One of the best ones I've ever done was just a trimmed up flat, did it in the sous vide for like 24 hours at 155, then put it on the smoker at 250 for 2-3 hours. I know, cheating and not really smoking...but it was damn good.
huntnflorida likes this.
boomshakalaka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in