Default wahoo

Need a good recipe for some hoo.
topwater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
Snapper

Default RE: wahoo

Are they steaks or filets? If steaks, take out all 4 circles of meat, wrap those in bacon then put on a little seasoning and put them on the grill....can't beat it and really no bad way to cook wahoo. Just remember not to overcook it!
dpewitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
Snapper

<DIV style="BORDER-RIGHT: #7f9db9 0.75pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 6pt; BORDER-TOP: #7f9db9 0.75pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 6pt; BACKGROUND: white; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6pt; BORDER-LEFT: #7f9db9 0.25pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 6pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #7f9db9 0.75pt solid"><DIV style="BORDER-RIGHT: #7f9db9 0.75pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 6pt; BORDER-TOP: #7f9db9 0.75pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 6pt; BACKGROUND: white; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6pt; BORDER-LEFT: #7f9db9 0.25pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 6pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #7f9db9 0.75pt solid"><P style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; mso-border-alt: solid #7F9DB9 .75pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid #7F9DB9 .25pt; mso-padding-alt: 6.0pt 6.0pt 6.0pt 6.0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">It has recently been determined that Wahoo fish is dangerous to eat and could cause severe bloating if eaten in large quantities. In Hawaii where the fish was named, Wahoo means "wrong hole" which may account for the bloating. (This fact was given to me in my early days of tournament bill fishing by old timers in the PBGF, so it must be true.)<P style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; mso-border-alt: solid #7F9DB9 .75pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid #7F9DB9 .25pt; mso-padding-alt: 6.0pt 6.0pt 6.0pt 6.0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I will take the dangerous flesh of the "Wahoo" off your hands for a nominal fee!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></DIV><DIV style="BORDER-RIGHT: #7f9db9 0.75pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 6pt; BORDER-TOP: #7f9db9 0.75pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 6pt; BACKGROUND: white; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6pt; BORDER-LEFT: #7f9db9 0.25pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 6pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #7f9db9 0.75pt solid"></DIV></DIV><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o></DIV>
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

For wahoo steaks, I like to grill with brown sugar and butter, when the butter melts lt leaves a sweat carmalized top.

For thinner pieces, lightly cover in virgin olive oil, then sprinkle garlic salt and lemon pepper salt on then quickly sear in skillet on each side leaving a pink middle.

Happy eating!
Dr. Fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2008, 01:05 AM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

Mike I think i will take my chance butthanks for looking out.:nonono
topwater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

The first thing I would suggest is to purchase a Grilling Basket from Academy. Make sure to get the one that can beflipped over on the grill so you can cook both sides of your fish but they can be used for shrimp or scallops as well. Make sure to spray it with Pam so your seafood will not stick, I use the Lemon flavored Pam.

Cut your filets into 4 inch wide strips or whatever width will fit into your grill basket.Place the filets on a plate and rub Olive Oil over the filets covering both sides andmake sure to coat them well. Then Sprinkle Cavenders Greek seasoning on both sidesof the meat. If you do not have Cavenders you can use TonyChacheres and if you want to kick it up a notch use a pinchofcayenne pepper.

When grilling, if I am in a hurry I use a gas grill but if I have time I use a Charcoal Grill and if you want a little extra smoke add a few wet Hickory Chips to the charcoal andas it starts to smokeput the fish on.

As soon as I put the fishonthe grillI use a basting brush and cover the fish with one of the following flip itand cover theup side.

1. White Wine such as a Zinfindel

2. Orange Juice

3. White Grapefruit Juice

There you have it a simple way to cook almost any fish.

Baha Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in