Default Scamp recipe needed

Help
Corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
White Marlin

Default RE: Scamp recipe needed

<DIV class=body-text><H2>Ingredients</H2><UL><LI>8 (8-ounce) scamp fillets <LI>Salt and pepper <LI>8 eggs <LI>2 cups milk <LI>4 cups flour <LI>4 cups panko bread crumbs <LI>Oil, for sauteing <LI>1/2 pound crabmeat <LI>Tasso Butter, recipe follows </LI>[/list]<H2>Directions</H2>

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Season fish with salt and pepper. Mix eggs and milk to make an egg wash. Dredge fish in flour, then egg, and then breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a large ovensafe saute pan. When oil is hot, place fish in pan (it will probably be necessary to cook the fish in 2 batches or in 2 pans). Brown on each side and then transfer to the oven to finish cooking for 8 minutes or until a knife slides in easily. Do not overcook.

Transfer fish to serving plates. Divide crabmeat evenly over fish and spoon sauce over. Serve. <H2></H2>Tasso Butter: optional u can use regular

1/2 cup chopped red onion

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 teaspoon chopped garlic

1/4 pound Tasso ham ......not required but does tast good

1/2 cup white wine

1 pound butter <H2></H2>In a medium saute pan over medium heat, saute onions in olive oil for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and ham and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add wine and reduce liquid by half. Reduce heat to low and slowly add cold butter, a few pieces at a time, until all is melted. </DIV><DIV class=body-text></DIV><DIV class=body-text></DIV><DIV class=body-text>or fry or grill with lemon pepper and butter</DIV>
bluffman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #3
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

If you are going to grille, marinade in Zesty Italian and a little crushed black pepper for 3 hours and grille to perfection, just baste occasionally and don't over cook and enjoy.
II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
Grouper

Bah Italian Dressing is good...hell it makes King taste good but why overpower such a great fish with salad dressing?

I take all my grouper and I lightly sprinkle cavendars greek seasoning on them. I heat a skillet on medium high heat and drizzle a little olive oil in the skillet. Preheat the oven to 375. Sear the grouper fillets on each side for about 1 min. Once that is done put them into an oven proof pan and place in the preheaed oven. In the skillet you place 1/2 a sliced red onion, 1 clove chopped fresh garlic, 7-8 black olives and 1 fresh roma tomato choppedand saute for just a couple minutes on medium heat. This done place about 1/2 cup red wine in the skillet. Reduce this until liquid in skillet reduced by half.

After about 10 minutes, the grouper should be done. Heat your oven to high broil Take your sauteed vegetables and place on top of the fish. Place a few crumbles of feta cheese and Ialian bread crumbs on top of the veggies and fish. Broil in oven for about 2 minutes or until browned.

I serve this dish with herb roasted red potatoes and a eggplant napolean dish which is another recipe another day!
badazzchef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
Capt Dickhead
Sailfish

If that was of the yellow mouthed hybrid species, Do not eat it!! It's poisonous, Call me and I will dispose of the said contaminated fillets accordingly!!
Voodoo Lounge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2008, 09:46 AM   #6
Sailfish

Thanks Tony. Very generous of you!
Corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in