Scallop Recipe? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Misc. Forums > Recipes and Stuff

Old 08-13-2008, 11:52 AM   #1
Snapper

Default Scallop Recipe?

Got some fresh scallops yesterday (as fresh as they can be in Dallas) and am looking for a new recipe to try. Usually I will either just bake them in a little butter, lime and cajun seasoning or grill on the gas grill with a little olive oil, garlic and thai chili. Any other ideas?
dpewitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2008, 01:29 AM   #2
Grand Slam

Default RE: Scallop Recipe?

Just about anything goes with Sea Scallops. Heck, I like them with just butter. Let your imagination run wild. Heck, try ONE with peanut butter, I beat it would still taste good. :angel
Deeplines is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2008, 02:31 AM   #3
Grouper

pat em as dry as you can...get a skillet fairly hot and drizzle a little oil in the skillet...season with salt & pepper only and sear each side for about 45 seconds or until nice and brown on both sides but still nice and rare in the middle ( I am assuming sea scallops) if not then disregard this post as bas scallops require a total different approach...anyway after you have seared both sides, remove from skillet and place on a plate...deglaze the skillet with fresh squeeze lemon and wine I 'd say the juice of one lemon and a 1/4 cup white wine...bring this to a simmer....swirl in some REAL butter into the wine lemon liquid...I would say 1 stick (1/4 lb) this sauce is excellent drizzled over the scallops and serve with a nice rice pilaf and some grilled asparagus...thats my favorite anyway
badazzchef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #4
Grouper

Blackened with hot mango salsa. Mango, cilantro, habanero to taste and a little lime juice.
rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
Snapper

Quote:
badazzchef (8/14/2008)pat em as dry as you can...get a skillet fairly hot and drizzle a little oil in the skillet...season with salt & pepper only and sear each side for about 45 seconds or until nice and brown on both sides but still nice and rare in the middle ( I am assuming sea scallops) if not then disregard this post as bas scallops require a total different approach...anyway after you have seared both sides, remove from skillet and place on a plate...deglaze the skillet with fresh squeeze lemon and wine I 'd say the juice of one lemon and a 1/4 cup white wine...bring this to a simmer....swirl in some REAL butter into the wine lemon liquid...I would say 1 stick (1/4 lb) this sauce is excellent drizzled over the scallops and serve with a nice rice pilaf and some grilled asparagus...thats my favorite anyway
Beautifully put. DO NOT OVERCOOK!! I think the chef's advice is perfect, simple is the key. Worst thing to do is cook em too long!
38bat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
White Marlin

Baked Sea Scallops

16 sea scallops, rinsed and drained
5 tablespoons butter, melted
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 shallots, chopped
3 pinches ground nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup bread crumbs
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped parsley
lemon wedges for garnish (optional)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Place scallops, melted butter, garlic, and shallots in a bowl. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Stir gently to combine. Transfer to a casserole dish.
In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs and olive oil. Sprinkle on top of scallops.
Bake in preheated oven until crumbs are brown and scallops are done, about 11 to 14 minutes. Top with parsley, and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Hydro Therapy 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2008, 08:26 PM   #7
Grand Slam

Italian Dressing, real butter, worshtershire sauce and little Tony's in a pyrex and bake. Simple and easy. I also throw a few fillets of fish in as well. Total time from when I walk in the back door until I eat - 30 miniutes.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #8
Snapper

I'm going to try this tonight to go with some ribeyes &grilled zucchini & eggplant. :letsdrink

Quote:
badazzchef (8/14/2008)pat em as dry as you can...get a skillet fairly hot and drizzle a little oil in the skillet...season with salt & pepper only and sear each side for about 45 seconds or until nice and brown on both sides but still nice and rare in the middle ( I am assuming sea scallops) if not then disregard this post as bas scallops require a total different approach...anyway after you have seared both sides, remove from skillet and place on a plate...deglaze the skillet with fresh squeeze lemon and wine I 'd say the juice of one lemon and a 1/4 cup white wine...bring this to a simmer....swirl in some REAL butter into the wine lemon liquid...I would say 1 stick (1/4 lb) this sauce is excellent drizzled over the scallops and serve with a nice rice pilaf and some grilled asparagus...thats my favorite anyway
ditchdoctor81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009, 11:02 PM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

don't think you'll go wrong with that. Makes me hungry
DKFREE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009, 11:30 PM   #10
Grouper

Well how was it?
badazzchef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in