Need snapper recipes - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Misc. Forums > Recipes and Stuff

Old 06-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
Mingo

Default Need snapper recipes

What's your favorite snapper recipes ? In the oven, on the grill, or in the fryer... Got a mess of fish and would love some new ideas. Thanks to all
surffisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Grand Slam

The one in the recipe section. It has been a favorite for many years by many people on the PFF. It is under PECAN CRUSTED SNAPPER.
Deeplines is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
Mingo

Thanks Deeplines.. Keep em coming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
Mingo

Any idea where the pecan crusted recipe is?... I searched and can't find I think it was left on the old forum
Old 06-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
Trigger

Heres one I use/made up to a degree. chop 3 cloves garlic semi fine heat 1 cup of white wine throw in garlic simmer till reduced to about 1/3 cup slowly melt a stick of butter into this. soak fish for 15 mins in 1/4 cup lime or lemon juice 1 tbl spoon worchestershire Tbl spoon chopped celantro and 1 of chopped basil dash or 2 of Franks hot sauce and add pepper to taste NO SALT get the grill nice and hot dredge one side of the filets through wine reduction put this side on the grill baste otherside lightly then a bit heavier right as you turn them. do not over cook. If you really want to really kick it up double the wine garlic reduction sauce saute roughly chopped scallops in butter remove them from skillet add a bit more butter and enough flour to make a smooth paste add wine reduction to deglaze the pan bring to simmer then start adding cream at a simmer till you have the medium light thickness of sauce add 2 dashes of white pepper a bit of nutmeg then black pepper SLOWLY to taste. Stir in scallops and serve over your grilled snapper. If you like a smoother flavor flambe the scallops with some sherry. The flavors are spectacular and Its freakin amazing to watch you can do it all on your grill and a side burner. I dont. If you take your time I promise you will be a culinary hero! I would serve this with a nice soft french bread, simple salad (add a bit of small mozzarella or feta chunks) with a citrus vinagerette dressing. Grill some asperges with lemon butter and a bit of balsamic and sprinkle with fresh grated parm. Dessert Im thinkin cherry crepes with almond whipped cream. I know this sounds intense and it will take you about 4 hours to get it all together but brother its really over the top! I am not a pro. I have several children and try to lure them all home by throwin down on the flavor pallet at least once a month. CHEERS!

Last edited by Sushi maker; 06-13-2012 at 11:02 PM. Reason: spell
Sushi maker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
Grand Slam

Less is more with snapper. Butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper, a dash of garlic power. Then broil, grill, bake until till it flakes.

Too much seasoning and you cover up the fish goodness. IMHO
hjorgan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #7
Fishing Goddess
Grouper

Here you go...this is the one I use and is pretty much the same as the one posted on the old forum. You can use any firm white fish.

4 grouper or snapper fillets, cut about 1-inch thick, 4 to 6 ounces each
1 stick butter, melted, plus 1 tablespoon whole butter
1 cup pecans, ground into crumbs in a food processor
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
4 lemon wedges, for garnish

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Rinse the fish, pat dry and season. Dredge the fish in the melted butter. Spread the ground pecans on a plate and press the fish into the crumbs to coat. Turn the fillets and coat the other side. In a cast iron or other heavy, ovenproof skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon of whole butter with the oil. When it begins to sizzle, sear the fish about 3 minutes per side. Place the skillet in the oven for 6 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets and your preference for degree of doneness.

Serve with honey mustard sauce. I like orange blossom honey but use what you have. Add mustard to taste along with some Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning and drizzle over the cooked fish.

I think the best possible social program is a job. Ronald Reagan
on the rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #8
Grouper

one of the best recipes i have come across is an L&N seafood ....they are out of business now. but i bribed the chef for the recipe. it is good, but addictive. i only cook it once or twice a year, cause once you start, you can't stop.

1/3 each, honey, tequilla, lime juice
that's your marinade.

topping is

1 can black beans
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
2 bay leaves.

simmer

add

1 can whole kernel corn

cook down

add salsa

take fish, top with salsa, then with tortilia chips..

kind of like popcorn. you eat way too much
rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #9
Grand Slam

Default That one just went in the recipe folder

Sounds GREAT! Will try that one this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklobster View Post
one of the best recipes i have come across is an L&N seafood ....they are out of business now. but i bribed the chef for the recipe. it is good, but addictive. i only cook it once or twice a year, cause once you start, you can't stop.

1/3 each, honey, tequilla, lime juice
that's your marinade.

topping is

1 can black beans
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
2 bay leaves.

simmer

add

1 can whole kernel corn

cook down

add salsa

take fish, top with salsa, then with tortilia chips..

kind of like popcorn. you eat way too much
hjorgan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
Mingo

You guys are making me hungry... Hey sushi maker , you related to emril and Wolfgang? That's a hell of a recipe gonna have to attempt that sometime. Thanks for All the recipes and ideas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in