Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Huge Pulled Pork Poblanos

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Yellow River Cat 
#1 · (Edited)
I was at the store Friday and found some huge Poblano chiles, and like a ship with a rudder stuck dead amidship my course was set.
And what a wonderful destination we arrived at, Port Pulled Pork Poblanos.
En route I cooked up the PP and a few other things, like my BBQ Biscuit Bombs yesterday.
Those were some tasty treats for sure.

Today I started by roasting, skinning and seeding those chiles.
Then I took the basic PP and added some salsa casera and butter to keep it moist, then combined it with shredded Chihuahua cheese.
I stuffed them chiles full and then wrapped'em up tight in thick cut bacon.

Fired up the smoker with Mesquite, 275°-300°, and cooked them till the bacon was well rendered.

Plated it up with homemade Red Chile sauce and Mexican Rice with Bacon.

Red Chile Sauce

Classic Mexican Rice
To make this 'con tocino' simply precook 1lb of bacon and crumble it into large pieces.
Reserve the bacon grease and use it to toast the rice, onion and garlic.
Add the bacon crumbles at the end of the cook and mix into the rice.

See less See more
#2 ·
Showed the red chili sauce and Mexican rice recipes to my vegetarian wife. Hopefully her vegetarian adaptations of your recipes will turn out well, if not she will have to follow the recipes as given.
Thankfully she isn’t a fanatic about her conversion to vegetarian and still cooks meat for me. I just have more leftovers for another day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Glad y'all tried them and liked them.
What did you end up with?

LOL... This is a for real Red Chile sauce.
Not some strip mall, ******'fied Mexican restaurant or Taco Hell.
There is for sure some inherent spiciness.

Reactions: Yellow River Cat
#8 ·
The wife is going to try to find Chihuahua cheese tomorrow in Crestview but I don’t think she will find it. Probably going to have to either order it or go somewhere else like Pensacola to get it but maybe she’ll get lucky and Publix will have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.