Filipino Black Bean Ninja Fish - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Misc. Forums > Recipes and Stuff

Old 03-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Mingo

Thumbs up Filipino Black Bean Ninja Fish

So is it nasty out? Need to empty that freezer? Boom! See below.

With fishing turning loose and the freezers filling up, I thought I would share this simple explosive recipe with the public. I call it the Filipino Black Bean Ninja Fish. Can't cook? No problem. Have a wife or girlfriend who complains about too much fishing or fish? Give them a roundhouse to the face of fish- this will leave an oyster in many a pants for sure.

This recipe works for any type of white fleshed feesh, but I have ranked the following:
black drum = sheepie = flounder = pompano > red drum > trout. Some might disagree with me but I am authoring so I am open and wanting of some feedback for those of you who try.

The following is written for 1 slot drum or big sheep; (just double for each increase in fish quantity). Let us begin:

Ingredients
-You will need two fillets of your choice of fish
-half a white onion
-one tomato
-3 cloves garlic
-2 inches of ginger
-secret weapon black beans (pictured below); use the asian kind (left) if you can to the left. Other black beans work as well.
-1/4 cup olive oil
-salt and pepper

Instructions
1) Mince all your garlic. Cut you onions however you like. Slice your ginger into thin long stips. Cut tomatoes however you like.
2) Heat your skillet on high and add half your olive oil portion for starters. Add the garlic, onions, and ginger and let simmer and stir for about 3-4mins.
3) Add your feesh. Let each side cook but no too much. About 2 mins a side is good. Then turn your heat down medium to low. Add the rest of oil.
4) Add the tomatoes
5) Add 4 tablespoons black beans. If you are using asian beans you will not need salt anymore. But feel free to salt and pepper to your liking for any other type of beans.
6) Let simmmer in med-low heat for 4 mins.
7) Stuff your face. It goes well with white rice.

You will see the finished result below. Have a change of shorts ready boys and girls. Also, you will notice that this recipe is very healthy (unsat fat)and caters to the fish filling up your freezers now. Enjoy! Please give me some feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Filipino Black Bean Ninja Fish-blackbeans-jpg   Filipino Black Bean Ninja Fish-ninjafish-jpg  
terpdoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
eating tasty
White Marlin

Looks great! I will try this soon, thanks.
FenderBender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 04:53 AM   #3
White Marlin

Looks full of flavor! I'll have to try it on my next black drum or redfish
Smarty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in