Trade my 60 for your 80? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > Scuba Gear For Sale

Old 01-04-2019, 03:36 PM   #1
Grand Slam

Default Trade my 60 for your 80?

No longer need this smaller tank. Last hydro was 8/17. Needs VIP. I’m looking to trade for an 80 or bigger.
Attached Thumbnails
Trade my 60 for your 80?-image_1546634174980-jpg  
jspooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2019, 06:23 AM   #2
Mingo

do you know the brand name? is this aluminum? is 002 the manufacture date? what is VIP.is hydro an inspection? I'm new & don't comprehend you're terminology

it's been 8 years since my last diving.I gave my catalina 80s away but mite be interested if you sell for $.

how much $ are regular oxygen refills nowadays?

1977 StarCraft Chieftain 22' rebuild/repower/conv. pilothouse/top speed 53 knots aluimin 14.5"X21 pitch

Last edited by steve the brain; 06-08-2019 at 06:27 AM.
steve the brain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2019, 07:00 AM   #3
eating tasty
White Marlin

Hydrostatic testing must be done every 5 years. VIP is an acronym for visual inspection which must be done annually. Without seeing all the numbers on the tank itís hard to answer the rest of the questions, but I can see that it was at one time hydroed in June 2003. Itís been forever since Iíve had an air fill but I guess they are probably 7 or 8 bucks. Someone can chime in and clarify.
FenderBender is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 07:35 AM   #4
Mingo

I gave $50. for each tank every 5 years same for reg. don't remember ever giving extra $ for a visuale
inspection. also gave $5. to refill each tank no matter size of tank place next to Liza Jackson also Place 1mile east of destin brigde & right at the bridge.

I wouldn't mine a 60 onboard I'm thinking a full 80 weights 35LBs and a 60 probelly 10LBs lighter.

was actuelly liking the idea of free diving w/ a large spare air and ditch the BC/ reg./tank
altogether.
how long can I use the large spare air at 40' (40' is my limit before the teeth start hurting this/and flying is why I gave scuba up).dam just searched this only a couple minutes isn't for me. better think large pony bottle.

my objective for diving is hunting (not to swim around taking images of marine life not that there's anything wrong w/ that)
I'm down there on business after that devil that's been stealing my bait so I'm not there for long extended dives.

I assume the spare air is treated just like a reg. and tank before it's filled it must be upto date.

I definitely don't want 80s I'm in between spare air or a large pony bottle strapped to me back maybe a 60.
thanks for explaining the slang. STB

1977 StarCraft Chieftain 22' rebuild/repower/conv. pilothouse/top speed 53 knots aluimin 14.5"X21 pitch

Last edited by steve the brain; 06-08-2019 at 07:45 AM.
steve the brain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in