Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Red Snapper in Destin

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TURTLE 
#1 ·
Ok so I met a guy in Destin at our condo that has a Hobie kayak. He invited me to go red snapper fishing with him. The first day we paddled 2 miles out and he caught his two red snapper but I only caught 4 ramoras. I later found out that I was fishing too deep. The next time I went out was on Friday and I caught a red snapper and it was awesome. He caught his 2 again but we had to leave because of a large thunder storm. While we were out fishing we only saw one boat and I guess once he saw us catching fish he pulled within 20 yards and started fishing with 5 guys. What an A-hole. He had the whole ocean and he had to pull up next to us. The boat was named EXTASEA. I looked it up and it is a charter fishing boat in Destin that I will never use after that. It was a lot of fun and work but worth it.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum
Sweet, thanks for posting and you can't hardly go anywhere any more with out Charter or Party boats crowding you out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.