Old Navarre Pier - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayak Forum

Old 10-18-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Old Navarre Pier

Will the old Navarre Pier be torn down once the new one is up? I imagine it will, and they will probably use the rubble for an artificial reef. What would we have to do, or is there something we can do, or someone we have to talk to, to get the rubble dropped off within kayaking distance from Navarre beach.

I don't know how all that stuff works, thats why I'm asking. I just don't know of any reefs around Navarre Beach and the only time we really get boats down here, is during Cobia season. So the kayakers would be able to take full advantage ofa reef. It just seems a waste not to try and take advantage of this opportunity, if there will be one.

It would be fun to have some places like Destin has, to catch snapper and things like that.
Herculined is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
Mingo

Default RE: Old Navarre Pier

Awesome idea. Navarre has sort of become the defacto kayak spot for a lot of people. I think it would be an awesome idea if they catered towards that a little more. Sort of along the lines of a kayak park. Destin has the Ms. Lousie, so something around that distance out would be awesome.
eodryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
Trigger

Yeah, I think it would be cool. The only thing I hate about fishing out at destin is alot of those boat operators need a "Clue Bird" to shit on their head. They will fly by at about 50 yards away. That can be scarey at times, when in a small kayak. Here in Navarre, that wouldn't be much of a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #4
White Marlin

Unfortunately , I heard from a Navarre Beach Condo-owner , that the remains of the Navarre pier were going to be deployed off Pensacola Beach :banghead ... would make more sense , and cost less money to deploy it off Navarre ... we'll see :angel
Pourman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
Trigger

Quote:
Pourman1 (10/18/2009)Unfortunately , I heard from a Navarre Beach Condo-owner , that the remains of the Navarre pier were going to be deployed off Pensacola Beach :banghead ... would make more sense , and cost less money to deploy it off Navarre ... we'll see :angel

You have got to be kidding me.

This is definitely a great idea to keep the rubble close. I wonder who needs to be leveraged to make it happen?
Turbow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
White Marlin

^^ I know buddy , I wish they would put it out off the new Navarre pier , maybe 300+ yards out ... the guy I talked to said he spoke with some of the guys working on the new Pier , and they told him it was going to P Beach :doh ... he lives next to the construction site , so I believed him ... hope he's WRONG :clap
Pourman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
Trigger

It seems stupid, with all the time and money people spend to make those artificial reefs,to send all that rubble, that is already there,somewhere else. Especially when there is nothing like that around Navarre.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:37 AM   #8
Mingo

yeah that would be amazing if they did put it in navarre somewhere but if you think about it, it would be easier to put in pcola just because the pass is so close to much trouble to bring a big barge like they already had over their a few months ago.....
illforwill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 12:41 AM   #9
Sailfish

Is there a LAARS area off of Navarre beach?

You would have to get federal permits to do what you are talking about. Good luck with that. Also, most permits require the area to be well offshore in deep enough water to prevent any of it from washing onshore in a hurricaine.

Not trying to rainon anyones parade. Just telling it like it is...
angus_cow_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 12:53 AM   #10
Mingo

yeah its definately not going to happen but yeah they takin the pier down right now they already removed all the hand rales
illforwill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in