Native slayer or Jackson cuda???? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayak Forum

Old 02-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
King of Mobile
Grouper

Default Native slayer or Jackson cuda????

I went to the fairhope boat co. and looked at a lot of yac's, decide to save some cash and not go with a hobie but have narrowed my favs between the native slayer and the jackson cuda. mainly bc of those comfortable seats but they are alot similar, anyone have any experience with the two?? any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
TheFlounderPounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
Squid technician
Grand Slam

Tough call between the two but if I had to choose, I'd give the nod to the Native. I like the layout better
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
King of Mobile
Grouper

yea they are close.. Its prob gonna come down to which one i get the better deal on. the cuda come with a few more accessories though..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
Squid technician
Grand Slam

You won't be disappointed in either
Old 02-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
King of Mobile
Grouper

chris v from what i have seen these two seem to best the best all around yak as far as comfort and fish ability.. that i have seen!! Is there any that are = to these without jumping up into the $2000 hobie prices?? staying around 1200??
Old 02-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #6
Blue Marlin

For the price they cant be beat. BUT if you spend a few hundred more you can get a used Hobie. They wont have as nice of a seat or a fancy of a layout but to me having a mirage drive is worth it. I couldnt imagine bottom fishing out of a paddle kayak, especially for flounder like we have been lately. Having the ability to stay on top of a two ounce jig in a stiff wind or current to keep it on the bottom in 75ft of water is PRICELESS. You CANT do that with a paddle kayak.

Out of the two the new Native Slayers look SWEET, not that the Jackson isnt sweet either though.
JD7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
King of Mobile
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD7.62 View Post
For the price they cant be beat. BUT if you spend a few hundred more you can get a used Hobie. They wont have as nice of a seat or a fancy of a layout but to me having a mirage drive is worth it. I couldnt imagine bottom fishing out of a paddle kayak, especially for flounder like we have been lately. Having the ability to stay on top of a two ounce jig in a stiff wind or current to keep it on the bottom in 75ft of water is PRICELESS. You CANT do that with a paddle kayak.

Out of the two the new Native Slayers look SWEET, not that the Jackson isnt sweet either though.
Im not going to do much off shore fishing in mine.. just around inlets and a few bridges mostly inshore.. will probabally do alot outside of the yak once i get to where i want to fish... i like to stay in shape so i dont mind paddling.. that mirage drive on those hobies sure does looke sweet though!!! thanks for the advice.. dont get me wrong if i could get a hobie for 1200 i would.

Last edited by TheFlounderPounder; 02-17-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #8
King of Mobile
Grouper

Default bed extension

i am also going to get one of those extenders that hook to my tow hitch to support my yac, i drive a sport trac explorer and my bed is only 6 ft with tailgate down.. which is the best modle to get??? thanks in advance..
Old 02-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #9
Squid technician
Grand Slam

You also need to look at the ocean kayak prowler 13 or trident 13. I've had 6 different yaks and the prowler 13 is my favorite. The seats aren't as fancy, but you sit lower and are more stable. They are also very reasonably priced which will allow you to spend more on a good paddle, seat, etc
Old 02-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #10
Trigger

I have rented a Jackson Coosa 3 times and the seat is very nice, in the top position its too tippy for my liking. Great river boat for sure. I had 2 Ultimate 12's Native boats and i currently have a Manta Ray 14 haven't fished out of it yet. Little Heavy and long to load and store but made well. Tough decision between the Cuda and Slayer.
Ptpainton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in