• 2 Post By Blake R.
  • 1 Post By Yakavelli
  • 1 Post By Yakavelli
  • 1 Post By Jgatorman
  • 1 Post By Jgatorman

Old 02-24-2015, 05:30 AM   #1
Sailfish

Default FELLAS!!! Questions!

Well, the season is QUICKLY approaching and our blood should be boiling with excitement for another year of gulf, bay, river, what ever floats your boat fishing... literally lol.

I come to you today with questions and concerns about the almighty Pro Angler. I have received the green light from the girlfriend (soon to be fiance, she just doesn't know it yet) to move up into one of these monsters.

I have decided that I'm going with a PA 14, simply because I already have a trailer for my Pescador and since when is it bad to have too much room on the water? Not to mention at 6' 2" and 250lbs, I would just be more comfortable.

Now here lies my questions, the new updates on the 2013-2015 models, are they worth spending the extra cash on?

Is the vantage seat that much more comfortable?

Is having dual rudder control that beneficial?

Is the new tackle storage system more organized than previous?

Benefit of the new rail system over the old star board?

If the new doesn't outweigh the old, then I can save the extra cash I would spend on a newer model and buy a set of beach wheels and maybe even a FF/GPS combo. I plan on buying used, so hopefully I can find something with a set of wheels or FF/GPS combo already included.

My type of fishing is Offshore/inshore at a 60/40 split. With the PA I will be looking to make longer runs out to some of the deeper wrecks off of Pensacola Beach (4-6 miles off shore).

Also, what items would you suggest purchasing to have extra of for on the water repairs of the drive? What tools should be included in the repair kit? With making longer trips, the last thing I want to do is paddle a PA 3-4 miles.

Hopefully I can find a used deal between $1800-$2200, with a few items on it or included to help cut down on follow up cost. Hoping to make a purchase around mid April/Early May if everything falls the way its looking. Can't wait to get back on the water fellas, till then stay safe!

Thanks for reading as well as any advice!
BigRed38 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 08:15 AM   #2
Grouper

Damn you want someone to peddle it for you too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hobart and tibiasterrible like this.
Blake R. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2015, 08:37 AM   #3
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake R. View Post
Damn you want someone to peddle it for you too?

Just remember, you will be fishing with me ina few months and you may want a tow ... smart ass lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 10:52 AM   #4
Grouper

I was gonna offer to peddle it.

Blake R. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2015, 11:44 AM   #5
Cigar Minnow

I just got a 2013 used PA because I had to get towed on my Jackson big tuna out of the gulf last year. thank god my buddy had a PA!!
ROBG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2015, 03:46 PM   #6
Senior Yakker
White Marlin

The answer is yes to all of the above questions EXCEPT the tackle storage. I liked the old white box better although the new system looks much cooler. The old white box system could hold 2 large trays and 2 small ones. If it wasn't full of tackle, I could store all sorts of small stuff in it. The new system only holds 2 tackle trays...that's it.

I'm one who had the previous model and decided it was a good choice to upgrade to a brand new 2014 model. The seat was the major deciding factor. It is hands down FAR more comfortable...and the old seat was super comfy! I also like the more streamlined floor of the new model (something I didn't notice until I bought it).

Something else I noticed, after upgrading, is a slight difference in the hull itself. It seems more hydrodynamic now...I feel like it's a smidge faster on the water.

The new rail is positioned further back and is shorter than previous models which makes the PA a bit easier to paddle (in super skinny water).

I can't stress the benefits of the new seat enough! It's outstanding! All my tackle and gear can fit under my ass now...I LOVE IT! I hardly use the tackle storage compartment because it's just easier to reach under the seat.

Ultimately, an upgrade to ANY PA will have you most satisfied...but the new one is more than worth the money.
jwainscott1871 likes this.

Last edited by Yakavelli; 02-24-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Yakavelli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2015, 03:52 PM   #7
Senior Yakker
White Marlin

As far as the wheels issue...scroll down to the beach wheels thread on here. Kenton is trying to get 100 wheels in bulk and only needs 20-30 more orders, I believe. We can all benefit from this deal! Look into it please...
Akroedge540 likes this.
Yakavelli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2015, 11:30 PM   #8
Sailfish

Default FELLAS!!! Questions!

Thanks Yak, just the answer I was looking for. I actually posted the link down here or Kenton and will more than likely get in on the deal. Just have to see how I fair through the outcast sale first lol.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:03 AM   #9
Grouper

I have the 2015 The seat is awesome ,the longer rails are great, but the prize winner is the new skeg... makes the hobie track like a dream!!!!
BigRed38 likes this.

Last edited by Jgatorman; 02-25-2015 at 03:50 PM.
Jgatorman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2015, 08:05 AM   #10
Grouper

PS all of the rigging for the anchor trollies on both sides are pre rigged... no drilling required!!!
BigRed38 likes this.

Last edited by Jgatorman; 02-25-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Jgatorman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in