F I S H bag - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayak Forum

Old 08-31-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default F I S H bag

what kind of fish bag do you guys use.

are Polar Bear coolers/bags any good?>

saw a few at the outcast sale (different brand), but the zipper felt kinda funny / hard to close etc.... so I just passed on that one...or maybe I missed a deal and should've go me one... what do you guys use besides your regular plastic cooler.

I have a PA btw.
Fishermon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
Sailfish

I use a cfs fish bag. All stainless hardware to mount. I also use a bag cooler sometimes but it is mostly for beverages.
Attached Thumbnails
F I S H  bag-image-2526973803-jpg  
Flatspro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2012, 10:26 PM   #3
Sailfish

that looks pretty cool. can you stash a king easy on that one? does it have a liner meaning that you can keep ice secure aside from the fish?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

I use a PresicionPAK YakCatch bag. They are pretty cheap on amazon and it has worked great for me. I have not had it out for more than about 5 hours but when I got back the freezer packs I put in there (they little plasitc gel things you freeze for coolers) where still 75% or more frozen.

I use the clips that come attached to the bag and clip them to the bungee that holds down the front hatch. Then I put a bungee around the front handle and clipped the rear bag clips to it. It has worked great with fish in it coming through the surf. I flipped a week or so ago coming in and it didn't come loos at all.

There is a pic in a thread I started a few lines down.
sweetyak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #5
Blue Marlin

Throw back the kings and you wont need a fish bag, at least that was my solution lol.
JD7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
Sailfish

JD I know what you are saying and I am with ya. too much mercury, and so... bla bla...love the small ones don't get me wrong.. one king a season is not too bad after all.... However...most of the kings i catch are donations to people I know....and they love it...i give flounder away as well and so other fish when i know i wont eat it. I eat my fish the same day for the most part btw... still need a fish bag to accomodate a big ass mango snapper one day....lol...

saw your fish the other day...how do you do it man....
Old 08-31-2012, 11:19 PM   #7
Sailfish

I use gel packs or frozen water bottles they last about 6 hours in the summer. No insulation but the bag is 42" long and 7" tall so it can hold alot of fish. I have put a limit of 5-12lb sheepshead in it they fit fine!
Flatspro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2012, 11:22 PM   #8
Blue Marlin

I carry a big cooler on the back of my outback, forget the exact size though. Its big enough to keep a small king in it with just the tail sticking out. I bring bungee straps to bungee the lid down in that instance. Its big enough to handle up to four big snapper. It will even hold a decent mahi as the mahi fold pretty easily.

For the tournament I froze a few gallon jugs of water and put them in my hull and shoved the kings down there. They kept cold enough to where they were edible and I caught them around seven in the morning and didnt get off the beach until after four.

Oh, and if youre giving flounder away put me in line.

I cant figure them out. I did catch some nice ones last winter on some near sure stuff out in the Gulf but I cant catch them in the bays/sound.
JD7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #9
Grouper

I have used the insulated cooler bags before - they worked well but the liners were thin and not fin/teeth-proof.

BTW, Polar Bear coolers are excellent - the liners are tough and they are very well insulated. I have a 24 can cooler that goes everywhere - grocery store, beach, etc and a 12 can cooler for my drinks on the yak.
FLSalomon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
Lucky S.O.B
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd7.62 View Post
throw back the kings and you wont need a fish bag, at least that was my solution lol.
lol
Ginzu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in