In Destin for the week and need some help - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayak Forum

Old 09-18-2016, 08:26 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default In Destin for the week and need some help

I'm down in Destin for the week and need some ideas on where to fish...(if anyone is willing to share) I'd love get on some bull reds or trout but just love fishing. Anyone out there willing to help?

I launched at Legion Park today just before the big storm and came back in because of the lightening. Was I in a good area? It looks like what I fish when I'm at Shell Point, FL.
kcm3134 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2016, 08:56 PM   #2
White Marlin

Legion is okay. I would fish anywhere on the north side of okaloosa island, or near crab island (the shallow spot north of the Destin Bridge)

My favorite is always the grass flats in front of LuLu's or Legendary Marina in the bay.

Whatever you do PLEASE do not try and fish anywhere near the pass. (East and West jetties)
NKlamerus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2016, 09:02 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

I'm definitely going to stay away from the jetties. Just to clarify, the Destin bridge is Hwy. 98 crossing into Ft. Walton? I've seen a shallow spot on the maps that looks like a really good place. Can I launch at Legendary or anywhere near LuLu's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2016, 10:27 PM   #4
Snapper

You can launch at Joe's bayou public boat launch. Any of the grass flats or bridges in the area should produce red fish.
Eglinhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2016, 11:32 PM   #5
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcm3134 View Post
I'm definitely going to stay away from the jetties. Just to clarify, the Destin bridge is Hwy. 98 crossing into Ft. Walton? I've seen a shallow spot on the maps that looks like a really good place. Can I launch at Legendary or anywhere near LuLu's?
No that's Brooks Bridge. The Destin Bridge is the bridge that crosses destin-okaloosa island. Almost over the pass.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:37 PM   #6
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcm3134 View Post
Launch at the red lines. The yellow circles are gates owned by LuLus and Legendary, don't park behind them as they might accidently lock you in.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:41 PM   #7
Cigar Minnow

Thanks everyone!
Old 09-19-2016, 03:58 PM   #8
Snapper

So you don't get any grief from Lulu's/Legendary launching there? Also. do you just pull of the road on the west side by the golf course?

Thanks,

P_
prgault is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2016, 06:12 PM   #9
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by prgault View Post
So you don't get any grief from Lulu's/Legendary launching there? Also. do you just pull of the road on the west side by the golf course?

Thanks,

P_
I've never had anyone say anything. I try to avoid legendary though mainly due to the boat owners who DGAF.

Just pull over the curb on the West side and drive down the water a little bit. You'll see tracks where others park
Old 10-10-2016, 03:27 PM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKlamerus View Post
I've never had anyone say anything. I try to avoid legendary though mainly due to the boat owners who DGAF.

Just pull over the curb on the West side and drive down the water a little bit. You'll see tracks where others park
I checked out this place last week. There's not much parking room and it's a fairly long haul from where you can park to the water. You have to go over several large dirt mounds. I wouldn't waste my time trying to launch here.
IWanaGoFishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in