Blackwater docklights help - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayak Forum

Old 11-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #1
Snapper

Default Blackwater docklights help

Hello yakker and others who might be feeling generous. I live in Navarre and have never fished blackwater at night. My son will be home from college for Christmas break. We have not fished together since the summer. I am looking for advice on a place to launch our kayaks that would give us access to some dock lights. I am not looking for honey holes or favorites spots, just somewhere that is a reasonable distance from lights. If anyone has any intel they could share I would appreciate the help. Feel free to PM me if you would prefer.
Thanks,
Fisherdad1
Fisherdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2014, 10:27 PM   #2
White Marlin

I don't ever fish that area but what I do when I find an area I'd like to fish that doesnt have a launch is drive around and look for empty lots to launch at. I would o ly do this if you couldnt find another area though as it is trespassing.You can always talk to any homeowners on the water that are outside and see if they will let you launch or know of a place you can. I haven't done this a lot but ive done it and it works. There was an empty lot on the bay I was going to launch at and as I was about to walk down a guy stopped me. He informed me that of an empty lot right next to it that you couldn't see with the brush that lead to a beach instead of rock jetties. The guy let me park in his lot and told me the easiest way into his property through the bush. Most dock lights should be holding fish and if they aren't move on to the neXT one and try. Good luck!
southern yakker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #3
Grouper

There are several small county-owned launch sites on the Blackwater, but I will say that I have not fished them...

Mae Lane Boat Ramp
4000 Mae Ln
East Milton, FL 32583

Morrell Boat Ramp
7196 Morrell Rd
Milton, FL 32583

Oyster Pile Boat Ramp
4566 Water St
Bagdad, FL 32583

Snapper Avenue Boat Ramp
4100 Snapper Av
Bagdad, FL 32583

Here is a link to the county boat ramps - http://www.santarosa.fl.gov/parks/pa...kType=BoatRamp

Good luck, Ron!
FLSalomon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #4
Trigger

Besides black water I would always say shoot out at perdido right under the bridge and there are some good dock lights on the right hand side. Usually some good specks are around them.
Fish Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #5
Trigger

but just be respectful and stay about 5 ft from the docks and do not be real loud because they will cut the light off on you haha I have seen it happen before. They keep a constant eye on it too (which I would be the same way)
Fish Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2014, 11:51 AM   #6
Grouper

There's not really a lot of dock lights near each other in BW. I fish up that way occasionally and have scouted a lot. There are some that produce nice fish but it's typically slow unless you go at the right time on the right tide. Good luck if you go
Bo Keifus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #7
Snapper

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll be stealthy and respectful. I have had a dock light turned off on me before. Kind'a cheesy, but its their light, so its their call.
Fisherdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in