Best June Bets - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Kayak Forum > Kayak Forum

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lobsterman
  • 1 Post By lobsterman

Old 05-15-2018, 01:58 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Best June Bets

I'm an experienced kayak angler. I've fished inshore and BTB from GA to VA. I'll be at Tyndall all summer. I have a plan to explore both inshore and off. My son will be joining me during his R&R from deployment as well as his wife. They are not experienced yakers or yak fishermen. In VA, I could set them up with some fresh crab on a creek inlet and let them pull the reds in. Would this be a good set up or should I try to show them how to rig/work a popping cork with live shrimp? Where to buy live shrimp around TAFB?

Also, are there any groups who fish the TAFB area that meet up? Looking at the maps and GE, the area looks very fishy.
Jeff@sea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2018, 02:12 PM   #2
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

The flats behind Tyndall are some of the best flats we have in the panhandle. Top water is killer, and you can also catch good fish on jerk baits as well. I love the area just too far for me to travel.
[email protected] likes this.
II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2018, 02:30 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterman View Post
The flats behind Tyndall are some of the best flats we have in the panhandle. Top water is killer, and you can also catch good fish on jerk baits as well. I love the area just too far for me to travel.
I assume you are speaking about the Eastbay side. From Redfish point to Pearl Bayou are the areas I plan to hit. I was going to fish with my family around the pearl bayou area.

I love hearing about the topwater. As much as a disappearing pooping cork is fun, nothing beats topwater.
Jeff@sea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 02:42 PM   #4
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

Not familiar with the area. Used to go with a friend from over there and we would launch at the foot of the bride and go to the right around the point on the left and then fish all those flats. Big Trout and Big Reds for fact! Don't know much about popping corks either. I like to throw artificials.
[email protected] likes this.
II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in