Whisper Creek question - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Forum

Old 08-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Whisper Creek question

Anybody shoot a whisper creek odyssey? How do they compare with the more recognizable names? I'm looking to replace my 15yr old bear kodiak and step into some new technology, so I would think anything made in the last 5 years would blow my gear out of the water.
Any reviews/advice appreciated.
timeflies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
Snapper

Default RE: Whisper Creek question

Never had the chance to shoot one... But I can tell you, those are some funky looking bows. 25" AtA is CRAZY... I think Mike's in Jay has some (Whisper Creek bows), heck, go try it out for yourself. While you're there, shoot a couple more brands. I know they have a great selection of Pearson's, Mathews and a couple others.

One thing I will be able to tell you is, if you haven't fooled around with any new archery equipment in 15 years, you are going to be blown away... There is some great stuff out there but you're gonna have to pay for it too...
TGillman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
Trigger

They made a good bow just be carefull because I think they went out of business. If you have a problem with one you might have a hard time trying to get a part for it.

Anthony
Anthonyma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2009, 06:59 AM   #4
Trigger

Whisper Creek Bows, they are sweet, and for the price blow most bows out of the water.

But as Anthony said Whisper Creek was bought out by some one, a big company I do believe it was Hoyte

I asked Anthony if they carried Whisper Creek, because the company that bought them is one of the bow that he carries.

I will check my emails later, and find out, they sent me a large reply.

Hoyte has taken over the youth line, but as for the rest I am not sure.

But the bows shoot great, and are super quite.
fishinoversex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2009, 07:42 AM   #5
Trigger

Here you go from another forum that I am on..

Whisper Creek Archery

It is with sadness that I send this announcment that WCA will not continue business in 2009, With the current economy and industry consolidation it has become impossible to continue this endeavor. We thank all those in this industry that gave their best and the people with in our company that have with great hardship continued to strive for the best out come.

Fuse has acquired the youth line and under the Freestyle banner they will take this product to the next level. The people at both Hoyt and Fuse have been working very hard to insure these products will be better than ever. I have gained a great respect for their staff.

In these hard times we all must stand together and trust in God that times will get better, and the industry that we all love so much will see grace. There are many small bow companies like WCA that are in the same position, and many of you small dealers. We will continue to pray for.

To our valued customers: I'm truly sorry, and as the President I can say we did all we could do. I felt compeled to send this announcment and heartfelt thanks to everyone.

Jeff Nish

President
Old 08-26-2009, 11:21 PM   #6
Cigar Minnow

i have the whisper creek predator. i got mine last year out of all the bows i tried out it is my number one pic.as far as speed and being silent it is just as fast as my buddies mathews,and he paid a "little" more than i did for his.and is just a silent.for the price you cant beat em.
G-man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2009, 09:10 AM   #7
Trigger

OK

Just received an email from Hoyte they only took over 1 youth bow line(the fuse).

As for the adult line they are not sure as to who or what has happened to it as of yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in