Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Went scouting in Blackwater

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  pcola4 
#1 ·
If I say I'm going to the woods, my boy wants to go. I'm usually going through thick, thick stuff and don't want him snake bit etc...

But went to some new areas today and he's finally getting a little bigger to keep up with me stomping through Blackwater.

Found one really promising area. My hunting buddy loves the woods!

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Awesome man. My kid is the same way, he is always asking when we are going to the woods. I too am usually scared he's going to get snake bit, but I have taken him to a few spots to set up some cameras. I'm looking into getting a ground blind this year so he can come on a couple sits with me (I'm sure they will be short, but I'm pumped)

#10 ·
Bring a few snacks, and a tablet. If he is ready to just go walk around do it. Make it his hunt not yours. After a few then you start sitting longer and having him understand the hunting part. My daughter is 4. She went with me last season and had fun. After she saw her first deer she was ready to keep sitting.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.