Two Days of Hunting - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Forum

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Telum Pisces

Old 11-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
Praedator
Grand Slam

Default Two Days of Hunting

Well, I was invited to some private land for two days of non stop hunting and I had a great time and saw deer on every sit!

It was just never a good bow shot on either a legal buck or doe. Or the doe would have a little one with her. So she got a pass!

But I still came home with some meat and here's the crazy story about that!

It actually starts with last weekend. I was at this same property last weekend and placed in a member's stand that he gave me permission to hunt and kill a doe since he had a bazillion of them and wanted a few taken out. I was glad to try and help. I had my choice of 9 does and took a shot and I simply gave her a nice scar on her back apparently. She hopped off seemingly just fine.

Well, last night, the member showed up to hunt his stand and I go get on a plot down the road a little ways. Prime time came and two does came out and they came out to feed right in a spot where I had an over hanging branch with no shot.

One finally starts to give me a nice 30 yard shot and I go to draw back. All of a sudden I hear a truck coming down the road very close to me. The doe perks up and I know I have to get the shot off soon. Well about the same time I hit the release she bolts from the truck going by. Barely missed!!!!

Guy was apparently trying to get to his wife a little before dark and forgot about me being on a plot right next to the road. So he messed the hunt up "just a tad!!!!"

But come to find out, he shot a doe as well. So we go to help track and find it. Well, it was ole skint back that I shot one week prior. She was just fine and just had a good scar on her back. He felt kind of bad for messing up my hunt and I came home with all but the backstrap. Bunch of nice guys up on this place!!! Just good guys to be around to hunt and hang out with etc...

My buddy also shot a doe Sat night. But the shots where not there for me even though I saw a ton of deer and some turkey too. But I still came home with some meat on a deer that I "did shoot." Just got her one week later. Hahaha!

Video of some turkey as well!

http://youtu.be/7_fn2LnT-8A

I'm going to take a week or so off of hunting! My freezer is filling up nicely and now I'm going to try and get a good one out of Blackwater. Most of December is out for me as far has hunting. I'll be up there with my brother in law trying to get his first deer after Thanksgiving. But then I'm probably out of the woods for the most part till Jan.

Attached Thumbnails
Two Days of Hunting-img_20141101_095230792_hdr-jpg  
Telum Pisces is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2014, 11:56 AM   #2
White Marlin

Good report. Yeh, December sux anyway.
panhandleslim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #3
Praedator
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhandleslim View Post
Good report. Yeh, December sux anyway.
I'll be on the island hunt the first week of December and I'm getting the ole snip job as soon as I get back. Then I'll give the family my time through Christmas etc... December does seem to be a good lull in deer movement. They have been pressured a bit and the rutting activity has not begun yet.
Telum Pisces is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Good story Jon!!!!

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in