Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Turkey sighting and a what????

3K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  kmerr80 
#1 ·
Saw the turkeys at the property for the first time this season, maybe 5-6 hens I think. What drew my attention was a huge white blob in front of the treeline, I said what the heck is that and grabbed my binos...a stark white peacock was just cruising around with the turkeys like it was one of them. Definitely a peacock, had the little dingberry things on its head. Bet none of yall have one of those!! Gotta get some corn out and cameras up and I should have plenty of pictures if its joined the local Turkey gang.

#3 ·
working up here in Michigan, my landlady says there's turkeys behind the house sometimes, but don't shoot the peacock!?! I guess it runs with them?

#5 ·
Never seen a white peacock but we had a pure white **** on trail cam several times last month. Turkeys on our place raised a huge number of poults this year. Hog numbers are WAY down which I suspect is the main reason.

#17 ·
That’s pretty cool. Probably somebody dumped it I’m guessing. People leaving animal all the time on our road. When we lived in Oklahoma we had a local gang of goats and dogs running the street. The dogs leading the charge were breaking in to my chicken coup I just built with 3 goats watching the action. I came down guns a blazing trying to scare them off and I could hear in my wife yelling not to shoot the goats. They never came back after that. Pretty funny to watch according to my wife me chasing dogs and goats around the yard

#19 ·
I was in driving in to my old hunting lease in Bay County years ago and encountered three peafowls. They weren't white. We kind of figured that they had escaped from a nearby zoo or residence.

The white one is pretty cool. He'll be really hard to spot when it snows. He'll have the last laugh on all the turkeys.

#24 ·
I've been walking through BW one day and came across an Emu! Was the craziest thing I ever seen in BW.

I think the city-slickers get tired of their exotic pets and dump them off in a neighborhood in the country thinking we will take them in. I've had emus, pot-bellied pigs, etc show up. What they don't know is we can make gumbo or jerky out of any critter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.