Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Is It Over

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Yellow River Cat 
#1 ·
I haven't seen any deer moving and certainly nothing chasing. I'm also noticing bucks are showing up on cameras at feeders after shooting hours.

I best rut hunts have usually been the last few days of January and into February.

I'm still hoping to see a good one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I have noticed a lack of activity up here in the North Country (Montgomery) both at Camp Killamofo and here in my yard. Only thing I can figure is moon phase. Lots of activity around the last full moon.

#8 · (Edited)
No! I've always noticed a that it's a wave of comings and goings around here! We do not have a steady rut week or two weeks of solid chasing!

It's a month to month and a half of certain does getting hot and certain bucks getting hot at different times! You can time the northern deer to almost a 2 week period! Not here.

You just have to be in the woods for 1.5 months around here or just get lucky!

#14 ·
End of January. First of February. Any one of those days could be a jackpot, as far as chasing. I’ve seen mature bucks chasing February 5th in north Baldwin County. Usually the last 10 days of January are money days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Not over till season ends. Comes in waves where were at and when it slows down, you may still catch them checking feeding areas by themselves looking for second helpings. Usually the best bucks on our lease are killed early to mid February. Couple guys still see a few chasing when turkey season kicks in. Stick with it till the end. Cause when its over, your gona have plenty of time to finish those projects.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.