Opening day hunt - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Forum

Old 11-19-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Opening day hunt

Headed up to Bullock Co., ALFriday in eager anticipation of opening day. Anyone who's familar with Bullock Co. know the locals are heavily armed. Got there about 3:00 and did a few chores but some local hooligans showed up and forced us at gunpoint to go drinking beer and whiskey with them at the local watering hole in beautiful downtown Fitzpatrick. That made for a late night and a miserable opening morning. At least I didn't have to shoot my gun.

After a nap we headed out for the afternoon hunt. I tried to talk a friend to go where I had killed a nice buck last year but he picked out another place. When I walked by there I saw a doe standing there, then a small 8 pt. When I walked past, a decent buck that I hadn't seen ran off with them. They ran toward where I'd planed to hunt so I eased on over there. When I arrived, there were 8-10 does already in the field so I had no choice to run them off to get in the stand. Sat there about and hour disgusted that I hadn't gotten there earlier. Then about 4:00 a small buck, then a doe came out. Then the decent buck came out too. I looked at him a minute and decided it was time to get on the board. We cleaned him and went back to the old watering hole that night. :mmmbeer

Hangout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
Trigger

Default RE: Opening day hunt

Nice buck. I would say that deserves a few drinks.
seanclearly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
Snapper

Hey Hangout....

Small world. I was at Ms Gracies also...we may have even met. My buddy and me were playing pool with a chunky brunette and a good lookin blond if you can remember.... I know things are hazy for me that night.:toast

At any rate...we saw a bunch of deer Saturday morning and nothing else the rest of the weekend. Our place is over off county road 15...how about yours?
shtbrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #4
Trigger

Yes I remember. Well, that's a lie but I do remember the brunette and the blonde. We hunt on the Smith Road. Head west from Grace's and take the first left and go about 5-6 miles. We also have some land near Twin Lakes Grocery on 82. We'll have to get together and have a beer.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:59 PM   #5
Snapper

Sounds good to me.

I'll meet meet you at Craigs' (Twin Lakes) and buy you a gallon of draft beer to go next time I am up there. I live in Baldwin county myself and will probably be up there every other weekend till the end.

How long have you been hunting up there? You mentioned some locals. Do you know Chuck Pickett, Bill Canny, Phil Mitchell, any of the Pritchetts over at Great Southern Outdoors?
shtbrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2007, 04:46 PM   #6
Sailfish

Nice Buck Doug, you take those bucks like you catch Red Grouper. Nice job man.:bowdown
mpmorr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2007, 06:45 PM   #7
Trigger

Thanks Michael. We're both on the board so we can coast the rest of the year.

shtbrd, I'll give you a shout when I'm going to be back up. It'll be after Thanksgiving unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in