Hunting Services Business - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Forum

Like Tree15Likes

Old 11-18-2019, 08:02 PM  
Mingo

Default Hunting Services Business

Everyone knows how difficult it can be to get out to your spots at times to take care of the necessary prep-work so that you can have successful hunts. Just a few days ago I was headed out to my property to refill my feeder and reset my game cam when I realized how many people skip hunting all together because they don't have the time to get everything ready for their hunting trips. So I've decided to do something about it.

I am starting a company that offers services for hunters such as;

Servicing game cams - Installing game cams. Replacing memory cards and batteries and then uploading pictures/videos to the cloud for hunters to be able to access remotely. Also offering to go through pictures to weed out all pictures of squirrels, raccoons, and all other unnecessary captures.

Servicing feeders - Setting up feeders. Refilling corn, changing batteries, and changing feeding times.

Moving/setting up hunting spots - Moving stands, feeders, and game cams to requested locations via GPS coordinates. Clearing shooting lanes.

Pretty much doing all of the legwork involved with hunting (the not fun stuff) to allow you to go out and just enjoy the hunt. I would appreciate honest opinions, and would like to gauge the amount of interest in a service like this being offered.

-Dominic
saltysweet likes this.
Domtasc is offline   Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2019, 08:11 PM  
Blue Marlin

I wish you all the luck in your endeavor, But, the leg work to me is what makes sitting more enjoyable.
Linkovich and Domtasc like this.

Ms Penny Outdoors Team

Yamaha Master Tech
Mercury Certified Tech

Barber Marina
251-987-1060

[email protected]
Sequoiha is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2019, 08:15 PM  
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoiha View Post
I wish you all the luck in your endeavor, But, the leg work to me is what makes sitting more enjoyable.
I definitely understand that. The leg work is part of it for me as well. However, sometimes life happens and you just can't make it out to do it. That's where I come in and help those who can't or don't want to go out and do it themselves.
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2019, 08:51 PM  
White Marlin

I dont see how you could possibly make any money doing this. What you would have to charge someone to me would in no way make the cost worth it if someone was to even think about using your service

Just my 2cents good luck
cody&ryand is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2019, 08:59 PM  
Grand Slam

Many of the hunting properties around us use full-time game managers (or farm managers if a farming operation) to do these functions. I think a service that targets larger, privately-owned operations may work out for you. But, the average club or small property owner probably won't pay enough to make it worth your while.
Domtasc likes this.
"Don't sweat the petty stuff.... and never pet the sweaty stuff."
-------
"Don't get rid of a boat that's paid for or a woman that cooks, no matter what they look like."
-------
"The lower your standards the luckier you get"
-------
"I tried to make it to the nipple, but just got the elbow."
hjorgan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2019, 09:06 PM  
White Marlin

I see a possibility for large clubs that have multiple plots And you can offer plot services like fixing shooting houses, clearing lanes, Bush hogging, disc, planting, etc... I agree part of hunting is the scouting and preparation but who knows. There may be a market
Domtasc likes this.
chaps is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2019, 09:26 PM  
Sailfish

I think it’s a great idea for those that can’t do it themselves or don’t have time.
Domtasc likes this.
specktackler57 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2019, 09:30 PM  
Grand Slam

Can you believe they buy bottled water? Best of LUCK and do it for you.
H2OMARK, Try'n Hard and Domtasc like this.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:48 PM  
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody&ryand View Post
I dont see how you could possibly make any money doing this. What you would have to charge someone to me would in no way make the cost worth it if someone was to even think about using your service

Just my 2cents good luck
Thanks for the honest response. I agree that it would be quite expensive for an individual to pay for this. However, if all or most members of one (or multiple) hunting clubs in close proximity were to sign up, the costs would decrease substantially. A majority of the cost would come from the drive out to the property.

People do pay for convenience though, and many clubs cost thousands of dollars per year. I believe people would be willing to pay a few hundred more dollars if they are unable to hunt due to not being ready. Especially after shelling out $3,000+ to be part of the hunting club.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:55 PM  
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

Lol.
delta dooler likes this.
Splittine is offline   Quick reply to this message

Tags
feeders, hunting, trail cam

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in