Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Hunting Services Business

4K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  Domtasc 
#1 ·
Everyone knows how difficult it can be to get out to your spots at times to take care of the necessary prep-work so that you can have successful hunts. Just a few days ago I was headed out to my property to refill my feeder and reset my game cam when I realized how many people skip hunting all together because they don't have the time to get everything ready for their hunting trips. So I've decided to do something about it.

I am starting a company that offers services for hunters such as;

Servicing game cams - Installing game cams. Replacing memory cards and batteries and then uploading pictures/videos to the cloud for hunters to be able to access remotely. Also offering to go through pictures to weed out all pictures of squirrels, raccoons, and all other unnecessary captures.

Servicing feeders - Setting up feeders. Refilling corn, changing batteries, and changing feeding times.

Moving/setting up hunting spots - Moving stands, feeders, and game cams to requested locations via GPS coordinates. Clearing shooting lanes.

Pretty much doing all of the legwork involved with hunting (the not fun stuff) to allow you to go out and just enjoy the hunt. I would appreciate honest opinions, and would like to gauge the amount of interest in a service like this being offered.

-Dominic

See less See more
#3 ·
I definitely understand that. The leg work is part of it for me as well. However, sometimes life happens and you just can't make it out to do it. That's where I come in and help those who can't or don't want to go out and do it themselves.

#9 ·
Thanks for the honest response. I agree that it would be quite expensive for an individual to pay for this. However, if all or most members of one (or multiple) hunting clubs in close proximity were to sign up, the costs would decrease substantially. A majority of the cost would come from the drive out to the property.

People do pay for convenience though, and many clubs cost thousands of dollars per year. I believe people would be willing to pay a few hundred more dollars if they are unable to hunt due to not being ready. Especially after shelling out $3,000+ to be part of the hunting club.

#5 ·
Many of the hunting properties around us use full-time game managers (or farm managers if a farming operation) to do these functions. I think a service that targets larger, privately-owned operations may work out for you. But, the average club or small property owner probably won't pay enough to make it worth your while.

Reactions: Domtasc
#6 ·
I see a possibility for large clubs that have multiple plots And you can offer plot services like fixing shooting houses, clearing lanes, Bush hogging, disc, planting, etc... I agree part of hunting is the scouting and preparation but who knows. There may be a market

#13 ·
I was assuming that would probably be the case at several clubs. If I could speak to some of the club leaders they could potentially have the members vote on it. I know something like this would take time to develop, but I believe it can be successful, given proper time and relationships.

#16 ·
If you do not have a tractor then I would say apply at Walmart or McDonald’s.... your gonna need a tractor and all the implements for plot work to begin with. Also a lot of these private clubs insurance will not allow a non paying member access to the property.... too much liability...

Reactions: MaxxT
#18 · (Edited)
I'm actually semi-retired. I just really enjoy hunting and am ready to get back out and do some work. I'm not in dire need of a job or anything. I just believe a service like this could help some hunters (who are too busy to do a lot of the prep work) be able to get out there and hunt.

As for the liability, my company will have insurance, and I'm sure I can come up with a liability waiver as well that insures that the clubs/individuals won't have to worry about the possibility of a lawsuit.

I used to own a construction company, so I'm very familiar with everything that comes along with owning/running a business, insurance, work comp/exemption...etc.

I really appreciate all of the input though. I'm grateful for so many replies!

#17 ·
FYI I have a tractor guy, all the implements, that does clearing, plots, brush cutting, everything tractor related and a hard worker. He charges $40 an hour 3 hr minimum(work time not travel time), I cannot do it myself for that and could not compete or want to at that price. He is north of Panama City, not sure how far he reaches out to.

#20 ·
That's where building trust comes in. I could give a lot of character references if anyone would like them. I'm 32 years old and I have been semi-retired for 2 1/2 years. I really enjoy getting out in nature, and I'm at a unique spot in life to where I can make this work. Even if it starts out really slow.

I just believe a service like this could really be helpful to a lot of people who's careers keep them too busy to get prepared or stay prepared for a successful hunt.

#25 ·
I'd think if you had a dozier, you'd do better than a tractor for clearing acreage for food plots. Especially in time for building/repairing roads, and e1 knows how bad that alabama red clay is and how easily it gets washed out and wallowed out from hunters getting stuck in it. Takes a while to fix it pulling a grading blade on a tractor.
Then the tractor for plowing/planting. g/l

#26 ·
I'd think if you had a dozer, you'd do better than a tractor for clearing acreage for food plots. Especially in time for building/repairing roads, and e1 knows how bad that alabama red clay is and how easily it gets washed out and wallowed out from hunters getting stuck in it.
Then the tractor for plowing/planting. g/l
I don't have a dozer, but I appreciate the tip. I'm sure the roads are a disaster by the end of hunting season. Especially last year... If I even thought about hunting, it started raining.

#27 ·
I've been in 2 different clubs and in my current one for 18 years now. I've always enjoyed the "work" that comes with it as much as the hunting. Also, I think in most clubs, most members help each other out with things that need to be done. Young guys helping the old guys get their areas ready and so forth. Good luck though. If you get a dozer and a tractor you could probably get some business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.