future meat for the feezer - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Forum

Old 07-13-2008, 08:11 PM   #1
White Marlin

Default future meat for the feezer

I haven't been feeding as much lately, They haven't even touched the food plot, so I decided to put out some corn and buckola....I guess there still around....last year I jumped deer every trip in the woods but one....This year I haven't seen the first one....at 8.00 a 50lb bag of corn...I don't know how much I'm willing to feed the coons.....will have to take care of some of them!!!

some kills from a neighbor down the road from the cabin

ironman172 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: future meat for the feezer

No wonder deer can see so well at night! They have headlight's for eye's! oke Just messin with ya, I have the same camera. Your right about the price of corn, but atleast you have a good opening morning spot!
imkilroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
Sailfish

Heck Bill, I have not posted any of my new ones but we have a new bear (This one is feeding less than 50yds from the house). I will try to remember to download them next week along with some post rut pics. They are great. :bowdown

Also the deer are really spookey right now down here for some reason. Usually this time of year they will stand for a while before moving off slowly, but now they just bolt.

I just got my replacement Muzzy, and sighted it in today. It is sweet.:letsdrink Now I just need to get some new mechanicals. I am never going to miss another bowshot again. The red-dot is going away and pins are coming back.
mpmorr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2008, 09:10 PM   #4
Grouper

Quote:
mpmorr (7/13/2008)Heck Bill, I have not posted any of my new ones but we have a new bear (This one is feeding less than 50yds from the house). I will try to remember to download them next week along with some post rut pics. They are great. :bowdown

Also the deer are really spookey right now down here for some reason. Usually this time of year they will stand for a while before moving off slowly, but now they just bolt.

I just got my replacement Muzzy, and sighted it in today. It is sweet.:letsdrink Now I just need to get some new mechanicals. I am never going to miss another bowshot again. The red-dot is going away and pins are coming back.
Dont ever say never miss, I still miss after 20 yrs, Nice pics this early.
one big one is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
White Marlin

I really enjoy the game cam pic's.... just thought I would share them.....I look forward to yours Michael!!!letsdrink
Old 07-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #6
Trigger

Where was the pics taken? Looks like Kentucky.
fishinoversex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #7
Bassmaster
Grouper

Nice Pics. What kind of camera are you using? I bought a cheap Moultrie last year and it sucked. I ended up taking back and trading it in 3 times before getting my money back. I like the pictures from this camera and I like that it shows time and moon phase. If anyone has any sugesstions on a good camera that doesn't cost an arm and a leg I would appreciate it.
J Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 07:31 PM   #8
White Marlin

this is a moultrie 200 3.1 mega pixel....I have 2, the one off ebay isn't as good as the one I bought from Outcast, on there fall hunting sale, one is a little fuzzy....Got the one at the Outcast sale shipped for around 125.00??(over the phone)....They should be having a fall sale coming soon so keep a look out for it!!! I like it because of the 6 volt battery, that I have a charger for,solar charger and my feeder takes the same battery....they also last a long time.Hope this helps you....:letsdrink
Old 07-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #9
Snapper

say what ya want, but everytime I see a deer in velvet I think about my buddies that he has on the wall. An avid hunter of over 40yrs he has an amazing collection of mounts and his 11pt in velvettaken off blackwater is by far the prettiest I've ever seen.Iwish I had one.I know it'd probably beillegal...blah blah blah...save it... It'd be the prettiest..mmm....almost the prettiest thing in my house!
kennethmandel62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #10
Trigger

Quote:
kennethmandel62 (7/19/2008)say what ya want, but everytime I see a deer in velvet I think about my buddies that he has on the wall. An avid hunter of over 40yrs he has an amazing collection of mounts and his 11pt in velvettaken off blackwater is by far the prettiest I've ever seen.Iwish I had one.I know it'd probably beillegal...blah blah blah...save it... It'd be the prettiest..mmm....almost the prettiest thing in my house!

I agree. Even if I killed like a four point that was still in velvet I might have it mounted.
Stumpknocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in