Cultipackers - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Forum

Old 10-12-2019, 11:06 AM   #1
Grand Slam

Default Cultipackers

Good read on using a cultipacker.

I get in a hurry and don't always use mine. However, about to get mine ready for the next 3 days.

Cultipackers for Food Plots | QDMA
https://www.qdma.com/cultipackers-food-plots/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2019, 08:10 PM   #2
Mingo

I started using one about 10 yrs ago and it makes a big difference.
YELLOWCAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2019, 09:05 PM   #3
Snapper

Cultipacker is an essential food plot tool in my opinion, even if you subscribe to the throw n mow theory and do not do any form of mechanical tillage. It puts the seed in contact with ground. There’s a hundred ways to do it, but a cultipacker just works, and it’s simple.

I started using one of these about 3 years ago.

In the right conditions it is amazing. Good in most conditions. Horrible in a few situations, such as wet clay soils or bunching soils (like buckshot mud soils). My travel speed is much slower but because I’m doing everything in one pass I’m between 2 and 4 times faster than a traditional 2-3 passes with disc, then spread, then cover. I plant at about an acre an hour with it in untouched ground from the prior season. Double that if the ground has been broken a day or week before planting. Since I’m usually a one man operation (hunting camp help always sucks) it counts as a good purchase. If I had asses to put in tractor seats at will it wouldn’t make sense to spend the money on it though.
Cynical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2019, 09:48 PM   #4
Sailfish

I’d like to make a cultipacker. I’ve been looking for the right parts to build one. I love to have one of those like you have cynical but they are pretty proud of them!!
FishinSpot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2019, 10:53 PM   #5
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical View Post
Cultipacker is an essential food plot tool in my opinion, even if you subscribe to the throw n mow theory and do not do any form of mechanical tillage. It puts the seed in contact with ground. Thereís a hundred ways to do it, but a cultipacker just works, and itís simple.

I started using one of these about 3 years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGhFrP3ckIE

In the right conditions it is amazing. Good in most conditions. Horrible in a few situations, such as wet clay soils or bunching soils (like buckshot mud soils). My travel speed is much slower but because Iím doing everything in one pass Iím between 2 and 4 times faster than a traditional 2-3 passes with disc, then spread, then cover. I plant at about an acre an hour with it in untouched ground from the prior season. Double that if the ground has been broken a day or week before planting. Since Iím usually a one man operation (hunting camp help always sucks) it counts as a good purchase. If I had asses to put in tractor seats at will it wouldnít make sense to spend the money on it though.
Those are amazing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2019, 09:13 AM   #6
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Dang that looks sporty.... prob a 10k price tag?

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2019, 09:53 AM   #7
Sailfish

I bought an old one off craigslist and turned it into an 8' and a 5'. Made the ATV one so you could flip it but it shredded the tires, so I took them off.

You can get decent results dragging chainlink over seed thrown onto disked soil, but we saw germination rates really increase once we started cultipacking. Especially with clover.
Attached Thumbnails
Cultipackers-purchase-2-jpg   Cultipackers-dismantle-1-jpg   Cultipackers-img_0217-jpg   Cultipackers-img_0230-jpg-jpg   Cultipackers-img_2359-jpg  

Cultipackers-img_7308-jpg  
bcbz71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in