Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Buddy of mine

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Telum Pisces 
#1 ·
Hey guys, Levi is a new member and a longtime friend of mine. He is an avid deer and turkey hunter, even builds his own scratch caller. He lives in Baldwin County.

Good guy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#11 ·
In my box about 6A, at 6:45 saw a set of horns, looked like they were floating by at 15 feet since I could not see his body. Stopped 8 yards in front of me, looked right at me for probably 2 minutes, solid 8 point, not a record, but a fine deer, had gun halfway up, bones and muscles started to crack and moan, turned his head and walked 3 yards, started raising rifle on up, wind swirled, poof, running, not shooting a blur, 3 hours later, doe brings a buck right to me, thought it was him, glimpses of horns, buck stays in thick stuff until 15 yards away , sticks his head out a little, had to lean out a little bit but neck shot him and he dropped. But it wasn’t the same deer. Proud of him anyway. 3 broken times and an abscess oozing on top of his head from fighting, about 175 lbs. That’s the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Gotta love a good neck shot!!! No tracking involved! My wife has been hard at it and knows all the stands she sits, the longest shot is about 76 yards and its neck shots only!!! Hopefully have something to show by this weekend!!!

Congrats on the buck and welcome aboard!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.