Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Big ole hog down at rocky branch hunt club in molino!!

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  jack2 
#1 ·
Was able to get it done on a big ole hog last night in Molino. This big porker has been gorging herself on corn at one of my spots on the Rocky Branch Hunting Club for the last 2 weeks, sometimes showing up in broad daylight and keeping all the deer away. Last night, there was a surprise waiting for her!

Standing broadside shot out of the Ground Blind at 25 yards with my Excalibur Crossbow. She ran off with the fletchings and the (lit) Lumenock sticking out of her, and hit a tree about 30-40 yards in the woods, which broke the bolt and extinguished the Lumenock. Then made is another 15 yards and piled up.

Guessing she was at least 350#. Thank GOD I have a deer cart, and even with the cart, it took about 20 minutes to get her across the creek, and roll her the 1/4 mile to the truck. Then after trying for about 35 minutes to get her fat ass loaded on the tailgate, we finally called a former neighbor who brought some ramps.

To put things in perspective, that is a full size, 55 gallon barrel on that feeder!

Big thanks to Austin for alll the help! Photography Snout Wildlife Organism Adaptation

Boar Recreation Hunting Wildlife biologist

See less See more
#9 ·
that meat should make some fine bar-b-que since she was corn feed and a sow to boot. wouldn't want to be the one who skins it, though.:thumbup:
good kill.

jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.