Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

12/14, anybody out?

6K views 43 replies 15 participants last post by  delta dooler 
#1 ·
Got myself way back in the swamp again. Finally saw a couple rubs and some poop so I strapped my tree seat to a lucky tree and sat down. Got a few slices of left over pizza to keep me from giving up too easy. Hoping the moon has them moving mid day.

#2 ·
I knew there was a reason I don't hunt weekends.... 2 miles deep at 530.... I get jacked up 40' in a pine, 10 minutes later a fuggin light comes on 75 yds upwind of me in a tree... I didn't see another truck around, he had to come in from road north of me, (about 2 miles also)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#43 ·
Got walked in on again yesterday this time in the wilderness area where I’ve never seen another soul. Knew someone had been in the area on my walk in with the ridiculous amount of flagging tape and then saw a brush blind built right on top of the best trail(that I made by the way knocking a hole through the thick that the deer now use like crazy.) I was in my stand before daylight. At noon I hear a boat coming and they pull up right by me. Bang around talk loud etc. I whistle at em but they ignore me. Oh well stay put I’ve got the wind in my favor and anything likely to come in I’d see first based on wind. Afternoon goes by uneventful until 4:15 when I guess they lose interest and start walking around again. Wtf. One of em starts calling out to the other and I kinda lost it and let em know exactly what I thought. They made a bunch more racket got back in boat and left. I stayed the last hour till dark and had 2 deer coming to me but they crossed where moron 2 had just been walking and smelled him and eased back where they came. Think it was just a doe and yearling but didn’t get a visual much at all. The joys of public land

#9 ·
They been moving just about all day up here, can't slip outta work just yet though, bummer!

#13 ·
Hate to let yall down but I gave up about 1:30. Never saw anything else and got HOT just sitting there in waders. I'll tell you what, past 3pm or so hogs are off the hit list, ain't no way I'm going through the dragging out that would be for a hog. Been all over this area and the two little rubs I saw today were the first buck sign. Haven't seen a scrape yet. Seems like a pig spot more than anything else, might be why i haven't seen people!

#30 ·
Been a long day....couldn't sleep last night debating on going hunting today or not because it stormed all night. I knew I would regret it if I didn't go though.

Had a big fat doe in front of me in a plot at first light but I had a sneaky suspicion that she was the one in the area with twin fawns.....the fawns came out running 30 minutes later. No spots, but I don't orphan fawns intentionally.

Had two other adult does come into the other plot in this setup. It was a little windy, so they ran to the lee side of the plot and started feeding. They worked their way to just under 100 yds and I sent a 130gr Corelokt into the exit shoulder of the biggest one. She shuddered, then bulldozered, then ran into the thick. Found lung at the site at the site of the shot and followed the blood to the plot edge, but couldn't see her anywhere in the thick. Got about 30 yds off of the plot and she was piled up. How she even left the site of the shot I don't know because I shocked the close lung and blew out the opposing shoulder. I purposely shot her there for DRT....shoulda just shot behind the shoulder like I always do and saved some meat. Florida deer are just tough! Weighed in at 102# which is big for our area and I estimate over 6 years old. She'll be smoked links and pan sausage by Tuesday according to my processor.

My leasemate killed a coyote stalking turkeys in his plot. A co-worker got a nice buck on his lease in Bay County. A good December gun opener.

Doe tags are filled (2 per member)....my next one has to have horns. Hmmmm unless i hunt my private property next weekend!

Attachments

#31 ·
Been a long day....couldn't sleep last night debating on going hunting today or not because it stormed all night. I knew I would regret it if I didn't go though.

Had a big fat doe in front of me in a plot at first light but I had a sneaky suspicion that she was the one in the area with twin fawns.....the fawns came out running 30 minutes later. No spots, but I don't orphan fawns intentionally.

Had two other adult does come into the other plot in this setup. It was a little windy, so they ran to the lee side of the plot and started feeding. They worked their way to just under 100 yds and I sent a 130gr Corelokt into the exit shoulder of the biggest one. She shuddered, then bulldozered, then ran into the thick. Found lung at the site at the site of the shot and followed the blood to the plot edge, but couldn't see her anywhere in the thick. Got about 30 yds off of the plot and she was piled up. How she even left the site of the shot I don't know because I shocked the close lung and blew out the opposing shoulder. I purposely shot her there for DRT....shoulda just shot behind the shoulder like I always do and saved some meat. Florida deer are just tough! Weighed in at 102# which is big for our area and I estimate over 6 years old. She'll be smoked links and pan sausage by Tuesday according to my processor.

My leasemate killed a coyote stalking turkeys in his plot. A co-worker got a nice buck on his lease in Bay County. A good December gun opener.

Doe tags are filled (2 per member)....my next one has to have horns. Hmmmm unless i hunt my private property next weekend!
Unfortunately unless you hunt Alabama your doe tags are filled for the season.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.