Shark shield - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > Gear Reviews and Q&A

Old 07-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
Trigger

Default Shark shield

So , I have had my shark shield for about two months. I have only seen one shark in the dozen or so dives and on that particular one , I didn't wear it.(story of my life) but on the last dive it would not turn on . Then later would not charge. The company has new owners taking over now and US tec seems to think service warranty issue handling quality is going to go down. That will remain to be seen. However, he did say something to me that I kinda wish I had known before my purchase. The battery in the shield is good for about 3years. You cannot buy it in the US and he recommends just getting a new one every 3 years. Any body know if the service guy speaks with a forked tounge. Seems like that's a little weird .... Battery can't be sold in US separately , but is ok to sell in US in a small clear plastic submergable electronic device .
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
Ozeanjager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
Jeremy Hoekstra
Sailfish

Yeah, you need a second opinion I think.
Someone on here got the parts and replaced it themself, I don't remember why but I think it was wackem?
Old 07-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
Sailfish

https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...nt-1-a-117842/

Post #9 he mentions he bought the parts to rebuild it himself.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Default batterys

call batterys plus in Fort Walton they had batterys for my skinny dipper half the cost of dive shop and rebuild batterys for cordless tools maybe they can fix you up .also they have a link on Mako spearguns for shark shield and they're famous for thier service.
ocddeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
Cigar Minnow

Hi Ozeanjager,

I'm actually one of the new owners of Shark Shield.....and I'm very disappointed to hear that someone selling our product there has stated that our service will go down. We have significant plans to expand into the US (I'm actually American myself) and provide significantly better service that what is currently available.

Please feel free to send me an email and I would be happy to help you sort out your warranty issues, either through our distributor in the US or directly out of Australia (we have a US shipping address you can use).

My email address is: [email protected]

Also, the battery life is actually 300 charge/discharge cycles, not 3 years. If you used the device several times a week, it should still last more than 3 years.

Regards
Amanda
amanda_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
Jeremy Hoekstra
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda_wilson View Post
Hi Ozeanjager,

I'm actually one of the new owners of Shark Shield.....and I'm very disappointed to hear that someone selling our product there has stated that our service will go down. We have significant plans to expand into the US (I'm actually American myself) and provide significantly better service that what is currently available.

Please feel free to send me an email and I would be happy to help you sort out your warranty issues, either through our distributor in the US or directly out of Australia (we have a US shipping address you can use).

Also, the battery life is actually 300 charge/discharge cycles, not 3 years. If you used the device several times a week, it should still last more than 3 years.

Regards
Amanda
Wow, now that is customer service!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
Trigger

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda_wilson View Post
Hi Ozeanjager,

Regards
Amanda
That's very good to hear . I am looking forward to giving you my input. I would like to know what the malfunction was and I intend on asking . They have mailed me a new unit, and did so in less than 24 hours . If all my bussiness went that efficiently I would tap dance.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #8
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbluestreak View Post
... Someone on here got the parts and replaced it themself, I don't remember why but I think it was wackem?
Yep, it was me. I bought the parts to build a new battery pack since replacement batteries are not available in the States (according to Nuvair).

I wanted to give my original battery one last try, so I discharged it fully before recharging it. I have not had it in the water yet for a final test.
and be nothing.”—Aristotle
WhackUmStackUm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #9
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhackUmStackUm View Post
Yep, it was me. I bought the parts to build a new battery pack since replacement batteries are not available in the States (according to Nuvair).

I wanted to give my original battery one last try, so I discharged it fully before recharging it. I have not had it in the water yet for a final test.

So, you can't buy the battery for some reason, but in the device you can ? What reson could there be that keeps you from buying the battery that is eliminated by in being in a plastic submergable device ?
Old 08-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #10
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozeanjager View Post
So, you can't buy the battery for some reason, but in the device you can ? What reson could there be that keeps you from buying the battery that is eliminated by in being in a plastic submergable device ?
No reason. It is a pack of three batteries.
and be nothing.”—Aristotle
WhackUmStackUm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in